X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranny leak aaarrrrgggghhhhh

hello fellow jeepers,,,,,,,i have a torque flight a904 in my cj,, i have tried to get that dang pan to stop leaking,,,,,,unsucessful,,,,,,i've dropped that sucker about 6 times now,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,i've used cork gaskets,,,rubber gaskets,,,,,,straight rtv black silicone,,,,,,,,,,still leaks,,,even went to chrysler garage and bought new pan{ouch} ,,,,it STILL LEAKS!!!!!!!!! ANY SUGGESTIONS!!!!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Ouch! Sorry to hear that! I had a GMC van that was doing the same thing. I thought that maybe the pan was warped, and bought a new one. Turns out, there was a small seal that went around the filler tube, which was leaking. A $1.98 part was giving me such a hassle. Maybe that's not your problem, but check for the unobvious. Is there anything on the transmission (like old gasket), that could be causing the leak? I always clean the pan well, but don't always check the trans body for foreign matter. fortunaltely, I've not had any leaks with mine. Hope you can find it!

Comment

cj i had that same problem with my 727 t/f, a freind of mine happen to be over at my house and looked under my rig and said my tranny looked like his. i think it's a 904 t/f or something like that, anyway if your's has 14 bolt's it's probely the same pan as mine. go to a dodge dealer and tell them you want a tranny pan gasget for a 82 dodge ram 1500 and bring your old gasget with you to size it up. it's like hard plastic and two rubber strips on it top and bottom, there awsome. not even a hint of a leak, o yeah i also baught two tranny pan's. good luck, and sorry for the long post

Comment

An old trick with stamped sheetmetal valve covers: make sure all the bolt holes in the flange are flat. Often the bolt will pull the thin metal of the flange inwards causing an improper seal. Not as obvious to see as a warped pan, but still leaks really bad, especially under pressure. I also ditto the dipstick tube idea. I like the Ram gasket idea!
        I am sure you did but just for general knowledge: be certain your mating surfaces are clean, dry and oil-free. Especially if using RTV.
        Hope we helped!

Edit: Just went back and saw you got a new pan. Are there any cracks (!!!) in the housing? Maybe a good cleaning and scrubbing may shed some light?
        Last edited by Gryphon; 05-15-2007, 05:27 AM.

Comment

bolt holes....

I've seen the bolt hole issue where the thin metal get's pulled into the hole. maybe it was over tightened a bit, 'cus i want it tight. Anyways, i've used small washers under my bolts to help distribute the pressure when I tight down bolts. Normally, you torque them down, but i like washers. maybe the group is on to something about the bolt holes. just something to check. good luck.

I HATE LEAKS!

Comment

Thanks For All The Replies Guys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i'm Under It Now Lookin For Sumpin' ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,@#$!%&* Might Have To Put In My T-5.

Comment

Working...
            X