X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front left squeak at start...

need some help on this... when I initially get underway, I will get about 4-5 squeaks that time perfectly with wheel speed, especially when turning left. Ive lubed every joint shown in the manual, but still squeaks. I think its the front left CV joint, but there is no lube fitting and it doesnt really look like you can take it appart and lube it either. What are my options? Thx in advance.

Sounds like it is possibly the axle U-joint. If it's squeeking then it's already dry and wearing the needle bearings and needs replacement. No zerk fittings on these things.

Comment

Sounds like you borrowed Bad Karmas hamster "Cocoa".

http://forums.4wd.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=squeek

Comment

If your hubs are unlocked and the t-case is in 2 high then the front axle and u-joints are not spinning. Sounds to me like front brakes or bearings.
        Last edited by tower; 05-29-2007, 03:18 PM.

Comment

done rule out the spindle bearings

Comment

Look, I know that you said "turning left" and "timed with wheel speed", but I've had a heater core squeek that drove me crazy trying to find. The bracket broke and the metal heater core would squeek in and out of the firewall hole. Sounds transfer in the strangest ways. You could also use the "old broomstick" method on a lift or jack stands and have a listen around the vehicle. Most noises are there with a broomstick even if you can't hear them, and they show there arse's under load or excessive friction.

Comment

sounds like your brakes to me...see if theres any lines going around your rotors/ and or lift it in the air and turn the wheel by hand

Comment

Working...
              X