X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roll bar question

will a roll cage from a 95 wrangler fit in a cj7. i think the tubs are the same but i didnt know if it would be the same going to the windshield or if it will even fit the tub.

1. Tape Measure
    2. Hacksaw
    3. Duct tape
    Should be everything you need. And remember Kowolski's law- you can make anything fit if you hit it hard enough.

Comment

the only problem with step 1 (tape measure) is that i dont have a mid 90's wrangler to measure. I was just hopeing that since the hard tops fit the cj7's and the wranglers and the tubs are the same, the roll cages would be the same too.

Comment

They do fit...you will have to drill new holes in the body etc...aside from that everything should work fine.

Matt

Comment

I am going to assume that when you say roll cage you actually mean a cage and not just the single bar in the rear. If you have a padded dash it might not work with the roll cage but you could remove it and it should work. You will need to change your ebrake to clear the front post.
          If you are talking just the back bar, yes it will fit. I have one in my CJ.

Comment

That could be useful info- either mine's bent, or the rusting floor is uneven. I would like to do a custom double-rear-hoop job if mine is actually bent, modeled after one that I saw at a jeep shop- before it closed. But one from a Wrangler would be a much cheaper place to start.

Comment

im just talking about a factory wrangler cage that bolts to the windshield so it wont matter about the dash.

Thanks guys for the quick responces.

Comment

Just a few more thoughts that came to me as I was shopping for seats- you may have to check for match with the windshield brackets- how will they work with your top? On the topic of top, I'm not sure you can fold back your top bows with that cage- if that's something you normally do. I'm not sure the Lost One ever uses a top........

Comment

right now im running a hard top but i plan on getting a soft top so thanks for bringing up that point.

Comment

i'm going to partial hijack here, how does the wrangler roll bar attach to the CJ windshield?

i'd love to swap that late model "sport bar" in so i could have 3pt seatbelts in back.

Comment

Originally posted by FUBAR
                      i'm going to partial hijack here, how does the wrangler roll bar attach to the CJ windshield?

i'd love to swap that late model "sport bar" in so i could have 3pt seatbelts in back.
                      It bolts to the windsheid right next to where the plate would be for the soft top. I don't run a soft top but I do run a hard top. If you are going to use the bolt in bars then they should work fine but if you have a softtop then you might have to do some custom mods for the plate that has to bolt to the windsheild.
                      Craig, you shouldn't have any problems, if you want to wait that is what I am going to build from for my trail rig. I will let you know in a few months.

Comment

Well here,s a queation for all of you, can I use the side bars that run from the windshield To the rear rollbar from a yj on a stock roll bar on a 79 CJ7, They are on e-bay under $20.00 and might be easier then hunting for the complete roll bar setup.

Comment

Originally posted by slowone
                          Well here,s a queation for all of you, can I use the side bars that run from the windshield To the rear rollbar from a yj on a stock roll bar on a 79 CJ7, They are on e-bay under $20.00 and might be easier then hunting for the complete roll bar setup.
                          No, you need a YJ one. You might be able to fabricate something for the later years CJ rollbar but I am not sure.

Comment

i bought a yj '95 roll bar and im putting it in my 84 cj7...the roll bar bolts right in, but the bars that go from the loop to the windsheild will have to be fixed...i bought the yj windsheid frame too and carefully cut the defroster holes in it... im still assembling mine so pictures wont help you...it does fit...oh regarding the rear 3pt seat belts...ull have to measure and drill and weld a nut to a bracket to the wheel well( measure off of the yj for the right measurements...) any questions...shoot me an e-mail cheapjeep5823@aol.com
                            Devin

Comment

Originally posted by iowncjs
                              i bought a yj '95 roll bar and im putting it in my 84 cj7...the roll bar bolts right in, but the bars that go from the loop to the windsheild will have to be fixed...i bought the yj windsheid frame too and carefully cut the defroster holes in it... im still assembling mine so pictures wont help you...it does fit...oh regarding the rear 3pt seat belts...ull have to measure and drill and weld a nut to a bracket to the wheel well( measure off of the yj for the right measurements...) any questions...shoot me an e-mail cheapjeep5823@aol.com
                              Devin
                              Not a problem I have a glass body and I have to put in a frame tie in anyway.
                              What are the differences between the windsheilds?

Comment

Working...
                              X