X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Steering Source - Save a few $$

I am needing a rebuilt power steering box for my 1977 CJ5 so I went directly to 4WD parts. Woah! $499.99 for a rebuilt unit! And I would have to change my power steering hoses too. A little much for my very limited budget. Then I started shopping. I had almost forgot about my favorite auto parts supplier, O'Reilly, so I visited their web site. They sell a Cardone remanufactured box for my Jeep for $154.99 + a core. But since you gotta take the old one off anyway, the core is a no-brainer.

Just a little FYI.

Well...

...WRG, you'll prolly get fussed at for your post, but I certainly appreciate the heads up. I gots me a leak. I'll file them away for future reference.

Comment

whatever thats highway robbery....

i also make 4wd match the others price....he was kinda hesitant on the $60 difference on my super pump but did it anyway....

Comment

I got mine cheaper than that, But you are not comparing apples to apples.
        The one that 4wd sells is a much better pump.

Comment

What do you base your statement that 4WD is a better unit? If you want to compare a top-of-the-line product, check out parts mike parts. He has extreme duty boxes for $295. A loooong way from $499.99!

Comment

Also, why would I get fussed at about my post? The truth is the truth. Or is that forbidden on this forum? Wanna see more? Compare parts america dot com brake drums to 4wd. They sell Raybestos Professional Grade, 4wd sells Omix Ada.

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot! This is 4WheelDrive Hardware's forum! Ooops! Guess I might have stepped on some toes! Momma told me "If you don't want your toes stepped on, keep your feet out of the aisle".

Comment

I must admit that it does seem strange that the AGR Superboxes are running between $375 and $390 and the factory reman is $499.

I didn't believe it 'till I looked.

Superboxes:
                http://www.4wd.com/subcategories.aspx?sid=255

Reman boxes:
                http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?pid=5363231R

Comment

i've got one with the bracket for $75.

Comment

summit is another source for the superbox
                    Last edited by thejeepingoat; 06-20-2007, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Go with PSC motorsports, they split from AGR when they whored themselves out for a buck. Heres a link they can rebuild your stock box for 145.00 or you can buy a new variable ratio unit for a 330.00. I had one in my last Jeep and it was nice not having to turn the wheel 20 or so times to make a turn.

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/information.php?info_id=9

Comment

I figured wrg must be crazy but I shopped around and was surprised as well. As someone else said I was also rather surprised to see it more than the AGR. I could swear that I replaced my box about 3 or 4 years ago and it was only a couple hundred.

Comment

Working...
                        X