Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NNS and back up switch??

79 CJ7 auto
    trying to find out which prongs are for what on the NSS/back up switch at the base of the steering column inside the firewall.
    The switch is kinda half moon shaped with 4 prongs 2 for neutral safety switch and 2 for back up lights . 2 prongs are horizonal and 2 are vertical

Which is for which
    OOPS NSS not NNS Neutral Safety Switch
    Last edited by rolrandy; 06-20-2007, 06:53 AM.

Anybody run automatics?? that could help

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...gengine001.jpg
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...jwiring001.jpg
      Don't have an auto so this is the best I can do and didn't look to see if had the auto on it.

Comment

the piece of metal on the bottom side of the nss that slides from right to left, position it all the way to the left . hook up your wires to which ever set of prongs if it starts then you know the other set of prongs is for your lights.

Comment

Can I just check continuity between the prongs in the park and reverse positions?? this should tell me I think????

Comment

Yes. It will at least tell you what the switched terminals are. Then you are down to trial and error. Get the reverse lights working first then try for the starting.

Comment

I'm still far away from the starting process, frame off rebuild 350 swap also
              Just trying to get the new harness installed one piece at a time
              I would like to feel confident that the harness is hooked up correctly cuz I know there will be alot of other issues. But no hurry

Comment

Working...
              X