X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instrument Panel

This may sound dumb but how on earth do I take out my instrument panel out on my 85 CJ7 without ripping the dash off? Part of the dash looks like it's glued on, and it appears there is a top "lip" on the instrument panel that is under the bottom of the windshield. I have stopped taking the panel off due me myself destroying things like this because I tend to PRY everything off. I'll wait till I get around to spending $100 on a FSM or hear back from somebody Thanks!

you have to fold down the windshield and also take off the dash pad (if you have one) and steering cover before removing the dash panel.

Comment

--Gotta remove the steering wheel also.

Or you can cut the dash as in this pic (which you may not want to do):
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ash_cutout.jpg

As you can see... mine too was glued in (siliconed in actually) which was my own fault since i'm the one that siliconed it. Ended up fabbing my own dash after completely distorting the original dash and being cheap. I didn't have a use for most of the holes in it anyway.

Ya might not want to cut the dash under the steering wheel cuz it makes the dash kinda flimsy (which can be braced) and also according to some greatly detracts from the look of the dash (but not according to me).

Here's a pic of part of the mess you'll get to once the dash is off:
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...sh/LNoDash.jpg

Comment

Thanks. Next weekend I'm going to try and finish the whole interior. The sooner I can get that panel out and repaint it, the better. The only thing I haven't had to replace is the seats. Can't wait till I'm done and then it's on to all the fun mechanical stuff :-)

Comment

Working...
        X