Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Linkage issues

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if anyone had pictures that they could post of their clutch linkage. I would like any pictures of any set up, but particularly CJs with a chevy small block conversion. My clutch is not hydraulic but I am open to the idea if that is something that will help with the linkage problem. I am having to take the PO's rigged setup and figure out how he had it, and how I am going to fix it. So any help or pictures of how you did it would be great.

Don't know if 4wd has anything, but check out Novak. They make a doodad that bolts on for the motor end of the bellcrank. You could buy one or get some ideas and make your own.

Comment

Originally posted by athenscj5
      Hey guys,
      I was wondering if anyone had pictures that they could post of their clutch linkage. I would like any pictures of any set up, but particularly CJs with a chevy small block conversion. My clutch is not hydraulic but I am open to the idea if that is something that will help with the linkage problem. I am having to take the PO's rigged setup and figure out how he had it, and how I am going to fix it. So any help or pictures of how you did it would be great.
      Here are a few links to a home fabbed hydro clutch setup. Maybe it will give you a few ideas.

under dash

slave cylinder

slave bracket

Comment

Here's mine- I know it's goofy, but it appears to be working (ain't running yet). That's a 302 though- bolted to the block and the front of the bellhousing. I think the ones at Novak kinda wrapped around the block/bell junction.
        http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...B/100_0367.jpg

Comment

The only thing I see from Novak is a mount for a slave cylinder for a hydraulic clutch setup. I have already put money into new rods and would like to try and go manual for now. Mnaybe one day I will upgrade. I think I have it figurd out, now I just have to get a part fabed and get the clutch to engage completly, right now it only partially engages. Thanks. Anybody else have pictures or ideas, feel free to post.

Comment

Here are two links to when I was working on my clutch.

Mechanical
            I had to extend the firewall mounted bracket to get good alignment. It doesn't look like the pics are in order.

Hydraulic
            I went with hydraulic hoping to fix the "not engaging all the way" problem. Didn't help. I must have some wrong parts. I'm running an SM465 with a Novak modified bellhousing. Supposedly, you can use all stock Jeep clutch parts. Oh well, still working on this one.

Hope these help some!

Comment

Here's mine:

http://www.microfiberexpress.com/Jee...266_Medium.JPG

And here's why I went with hydro:

http://www.microfiberexpress.com/Jee...676_Medium.JPG

Notice how the firewall panels have seperated where the pivot used to mount.

Comment

How hard is it to put in the hydraulic clutch? Can I do it even though I am mechanically challenged and how long would it take?

Comment

Working...
                X