X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Header for 258?

I've been looking for an aftermarket header to replace my old rusty one. Unfortunately I do have air/smog hookups, air injection tubes, etc...From experience, can anyone recommend a good setup that doesn't require a bunch of welding and modifications? I don't have tools available to do this, and I really don't want to have the vehicle towed to an exhaust shop due to the fact the jeep is not in running order yet. I've been eyeing the Borla header but not sure how well the setup would go with the stock cat and air injection tubes. As usual, any advice is appreciated. Thanks. Ewan

I just had my exhaust manifold replaced with a set of Pace Headers.

The Jeep is still in the shop, but I got a peek at it this weekend while it was up on the lift. It looks like these headers are a perfect match and wont require any welding or bending. Looks like they only need to put in a straigth pipe about 2.5-3 ft in length to get from the headers to the existing pipe (cat converter was removed, but if it is required, you could make it fit I think).

I got the part from morris4x4.com. These guys are great, I spent over $3M on that website the last 12 months. The have 99% of everything you need and havent been beaten on price yet. Let us know what you end up doing and good luck.

TD

Comment

Borla

i use Borla headers on my 78 258. they have the are bung in them and work great. unfortunateluy I live in the Crappy state, California and I am told now they are not legal for anything after 1981. If I were in any other state I would be very pleased with the headers though.

Comment

Thanks for the input. Down the road I think I'll go with the Borla, but at the moment I'll be quite content and happy with just replacing the exhaust manifold with a stock one. It's a lot cheaper for now which will allow me to invest $$ elsewhere in the restoration. $450 for a Borla will buy me quite a bit of other stuff for the time being. Not to mention I have my 01 XJ that is due for rear brakes and a new clutch *sigh*

Comment

Working...
        X