X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJ Suspension Lift

I have a 1980 CJ7. As far as I know it has a 2 1/2" suspension lift and 35" tires. I would like to put on a 4" suspension lift to get a little more clearance for the tires. With a 4" lift am I going to have to be concerned with driveshaft problems or anything else? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

most 4" lifts come with transfercase lowering blocks so that shouldnt be a big problem

Comment

I have 4" of suspension lift under mine and have no problems yet. Admittedly I am still in the refurb. mode and have only drove it around on my place a little bit but I have no problems so far.

Comment

If you're interested... and depending on your location.

I got a set of 4" Pro Comp springs, and trying to trade them for a set of 2.5" springs.

I had issues with the rear driveshaft spitting out u-joints ever couple hundred miles with the 4" lift kit. It's a pretty good angle on the rear driveshaft. The t-case lowering kit helped a little, blew u-joints every 2,000 miles or so and stopped some vibrations... but to ME it kinda defeated the purpose of a lift kit, so i didn't use it very long.

Comment

Working...
        X