Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR question

Hello all,
    I am a long-time reader, but first time poster with an EGR question. I have a '79 CJ7 with the 258, Weber carb and Borla header and cat-back. The vehicle is emmissions exempt and I was wondering what problems will arise by deleting the EGR valve? If it is very necessary, does anybody know how to integrate it into a header? Thanks in advance.

Mostly fuel savings for a DD.
    And to help with emissions.

Comment

what state are you in that it is exempt?
      Just wondering cuase CA is 30 years

Comment

If you don't need it for emissions get rid of it, and if I remember correctly the Weber shouldn't need it for the '79. I don't use mine for the '77 - buy a plate at your local speed shop & block it off. I used a gasket from Napa since they had higher ones that were higher quality than what came w/ the plate kit.
        However it is a part I keep around - just mainly to go with the truck when I sell it.

Color me gone...
        Roll Bar Bound

Comment

i went so far on my truck as to buy a old model intake that didn't have erg provisions on it. the hole was too big to cover.

Comment

thanks

Thanks to all for the advice. It really helped ease my mind. To Ratman, I live in northeastern Ohio where a vehicle is exempt after 25 years.

Comment

Must be nice!
              I still got 3 more years for my CJ5
              Gota love CA

Comment

on my brothers 304 we cut the housing that had the diaphragm in it off, and welded the two small holes in the top of the cast piece shut. This I would have to say is the cheapest way humanly possible.

Comment

Working...
                X