X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternator wiring

hey guys just go done putting this motor together and such and now i went to go hook up the electrical on the alternator and can not member which wire goes were...it is a cs alternator with the one power pole (from starter which comes from battery) and then the 2 male plugs on the back casing, labeled 1 and 2....i can not remember with one of these plugs i jump from the battery power...can anyone help guide me to a write up or take some pics of their 350 conversion alternator wiring...

i would think one goes to the vr, one to the battery and the other would be a ground. do you have a chilton? they have back views of many alts in there.

Comment

it is internally regulated...and it grounds to the brackets...i had wires on it one of the male plugs was jumped and the other went to the ignition i believe... that is my problem i am afraid i will screw it up if i switch the two...i have a chiltons for 88-present chevy trucks...and a jeep chiltons...i will look in there craig, thanks for the advice... this reminds me of when i rebuilt the transmission in my last jeep and ended up with a few extra pieces...hahaha

Comment

what is a "cs" alternator? i'll see if i have a diagram of one.

Comment

to tell you the truth i have no clue...it is a chevy alternator, i do not remember what cs stands for, i just know this becasue i work at o'reilly's and that was what the diagram called it and what we test em as...i tried to figure it out at work but as it is a conversion i could not find the info, i found it once on the internet, but can not find the diagram now...i will do some more diggin and see what else i can figure out for ya craig...

Comment

thats just how they catalog the test leads to match the instructions guy.

Comment

thats just how they catalog the leads to the instructions for the tester.

Comment

ok this is what i figured...cs is a type of alternator...but i dont have one...i have an si alternator...i found the web site i used the first time...what i failed to mention is mine is set up to be a "single" wire alternator that is why it is jumped...actually it is jumped cause i was to lazy to pull the case apart and do it right...haha

you jump the number two terminal to the battery post and the other male plug is where the field wire goes

Comment

Hey that is how my High amp Alt is. I have just two wires.

Comment

this help any
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1/100_0003.jpg

Comment

thanks...that is what i figured out...some reassurance helps...

Comment

Working...
                      X