Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock spring height measurements

The max tire size thread got me wondering if my jeep has a small lift,

it measures 22" from center of front wheel to top of fender,
    and 28" from center of rear wheel to top of tub (give or take a little, I still have the HT on until the baby is bigger or i just cant stand it anymore...)

It look higher than other stock (or what appears stock) cjs Ive seen around town. one of these days, I hope to flat fender it (using sq tube steel) and dont mind cutting the rear opening larger (sidebar, wally, did you just move the cj flare up?) but there isnt a lot of meat before I get into the rear fenderwell.

How does that compare (if any of you are still stock)?

22.5" on front, and 28" on back (with in an inch)... so i guess yours is mostly stock.

For the rear flares: i cut forward the 1/2" or so i could, put a mark on top where the top of fenderwell was, and used the flare to make a rough arc for cutting. I took about 2" (more or less) out of the rear portion, about 1-2" on top. Then i slapped the stock flare back on (it widens out with ease), marked and drilled holes, spray painted the bare metal, and stuck them on.

For the front: i basically made a mark on the top of the stock flare, and that was my initial cut line (more or less). Then the front didn't match up (the flare to the new cut) so i hacked the front bend off the flare, and cut the fender to match it.

Easy day project, i give it 2 beers out of 10.

Comment

so if its not lifted, I guess my tires are just too small then... Time to save my nickels..

I don't mind cutting the body, but will probably still get a small lift... 2-1/2 from 4WD or OME, whichever I can afford first.. ha
      Last edited by cftj; 03-15-2005, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X