X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weber trouble

I have a 78 CJ-5 with a 258. No matter what I for adjustment, it runs rich. Time to time even black smoke. I just got a Detours Incline Equalizer to level the carb, because climbing the sand pit. When I get to the top, the exit is about vert in some spots. The carb burps and looses power at those angles. Any ideas on adjustments.
    Thanks.

maybe re-jet it? too much cfm.

Comment

Have you lowered the float level yet? Mine had the float level set too high right out of the box.

Comment

I have a Haynes manual for weber carb's. The 32/36 DGEV isn't in there. I went from a single barrel to a two barrel conversion with a adapter plate. It's the replacement for 1 barrel Carter. How much did you lower the floats. Do you have the same carb. Thanks for the info

78 Cj-5 4 in lift, 33's, weber,
        Last edited by Upper1; 03-15-2005, 10:22 PM.

Comment

I’ve had the 32/36 and now have the 38/38. Float adjustments on both are the same. Here is a diagram of the float adjustment: http://www.redlineweber.com/html/Tec..._breakdown.htm When you hold the top perpendicular to the ground, the float should be perpendicular at the top setting also. I just pushed up on the float a little to bend the tab. That way it is set just a tad bit lower. I like mine a little lower than the stock setting. It does better off road. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X