X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror vibration

Can anyone tell me how to stop my mirrors from vibrating so bad?? I know, it is a Jeep but seems there should be something I can do....

Is it where the mirror attatches to the arm? Or where the mirror attaches to the body?

Comment

uh, all you can do is tighten it down. but if you're heap runs so bad that it's shaking, you're not going to get the vibs out of the mirror.

Comment

Crappy bushings can cause it if they are cracked and weathered badly

Comment

Like everyone said, replace old bushings and deal with the fact that CJ mirrors vibrate. The cool part is at night everyones head lights and tail lights make circles.

Comment

Mine are brand new, with a brand new enginge running great and they still shake. I may try a softer rubber bushing later this spring. Also, be careful not to over tighten--- doesnt stop the shaking and I split the ball socket on one of my mirrors.

Comment

I have the same problem. I think the aftermarket mirrors and arms just aren't as sturdy as the OEM ones. David

Comment

I have brand new mirrors and they shake as bad as the old ones. I've seen aluminum bushings that replace the plastic ones, but I don't see how they could help. Use the inside rearview.

Comment

i cant see out of the pass. side one, and the bushings on my drivers side one was bad for the longest time, and the mirror would fold back whenever i got going pretty fast. so...i hardly ever had mirrors, just be happy that you can see behind you. even if that damn thing rattles...............nutt

Comment

Working...
                  X