Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive knuckles for a Dana 300

Dumbass question?
    I have a Dana 300 T/C that was originally part of a 4x4 conversion on a Ford Transit Van.
    The drive "knuckles" were flat flange type, so I took 'em off thinking I'd use the drive knuckles from a Dana 20 I had lying around.
    Yeah! So now I know that the splines are different!
    So what can I rob a set off drive knuckles off (apart from another Dana 300 that is).

front output on a NP 231 TJ's and XJ's is the same spline.

Comment

Either that, or I'll swap you even up, 2 stock yokes from a D300 for your 2 flanged yokes. HB

Comment

front output on a NP 231 TJ's and XJ's is the same spline.
        Cheers Bill.
        I just happen to have TWO NP231s just sitting around and also a NP242.
        I figured for what I paid for them (GBP 1.00 for one of the 231s) I might as well just sit on them just in case a YJ or XJ floats my way.....

H.B. Thanks for the offer to swop those yokes.
        Apart from me being about 3,000 miles away I want to keep all the 4x4 conversion bits, 'cos sods law says if I let anything go off this set-up I'll only need it again.
        I have the D300 T/C which includes a DIVORCED T/C conversion which consists of an alloy front bearing housing which mounts a flanged yoked shaft as the input.
        So for the price of a custom prop, I can mate ANY RWD engine/tranny combi.
        Pity I've no idea where the axles/props have got to, but this is a VERY handy piece of kit for me to have.
        I'll find a home for it in a while.

Comment

Not a problem. I was thinking of fabbing a parking brake on the output of the Tcase, a balanced flange would work great.

Comment

Not a problem. I was thinking of fabbing a parking brake on the output of the Tcase, a balanced flange would work great.
            Cool idea!
            I'm guessing you were planning to mount a brake disc sandwiched between the flange and the U/J?

I've got a very negative predudice against transmission brakes, caused by years of running "series" Land Rovers.
            Only land rover could cunningly design something to fill up transmission oil within 3 months of a rebuild, despite a dam to move the leak elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
            X