X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would it work

i am thinking of oving to the mainland where it gets cold in the winters would a brand new best top soft top hold in the heat? i have a 79 cj5 or should i just search for a hard top some where???

Well, the best thing to hold in the heat while wheeling here is a parka.

It kind of depends where you are and where you will be moving too. Frankly, coastal Oregon's cold isn't quite the same as southeast Idaho cold etc.

I run a hard top in the winter and I still freeze!

Comment

its iowa cold lol but my jeep would probly be my only car for awhile thats why i was asking and i might be moving in the start of winter if i did...

Comment

You might do a search for the Blazer blower motor upgrade.

Comment

is that a heater???

Comment

Originally posted by joecj5 View Post
            is that a heater???

Yep, puts out lot more air than stock, and not bad to install. Works great in Northern MN, where it gets -20 F for weeks on end some years.

Of course your wearing choppers, big boots and heavy coat, insulated bib overalls, etc, etc. But it does make a big difference in being comfy and keeping the windows clean.

Best bet is a hardtop, at least for winter Soft tops don't like the cold very well, and can get brittle, cracking/ripping easier.

Comment

thanks and i looked at ur pics from your sig. nice jeep but was i really liked was ur spare tire lol nice deer

Comment

I had a 77cj-5 that I bought a new Besttop for & froze my *** off.
                Then I installed an aftermarket heater with fan mounted under the middle of my dash, It worked very well & cost about $150.
                The 81 CJ-7 I just picked up has a nice hard top & metal doors & is pretty warm with the stock heater.
                I live in Sparks NV & it does get fairly cold here.

Comment

i have a soft top on my '83 CJ5. it gets toasty warm, until you go down the road. anything above 45 mph and the heat gets sucked out of the jeep. go for the hardtop or invest heavily in winter clothing.

Comment

You guys are a bunch of Mary's.......

I don't have heat, and my top has a hole in the rear window.

And it gets cold up here in Michigan (although not as cold as Northern MN).
                    I don't wear a heavy coat, gloves and all that stuff.

But I do have a set of heated seats.....

Comment

I live in Iowa. If I had the option of a hard top, I would take it. It was 26 here this morning and at noon I guess it was 19. With the windchill it's colder. Usually there are a couple of weeks in the winter where it's below zero. If you have the choice, get a hard top or a beater car.

High5

Comment

Anybody that would move from Hawaii to Iowa deserves to be cold. lol

Comment

ditto
                          x 1,000,000.......

Comment

You're just moving to the wrong place. I might have to put my doors on with this cold front. It will frost here for the fourth night, but hursday the high will be in the 40's.

Comment

i thinks hawaii is a little over rated...and thats where most of my family lives and i want to go to college at hawkeye so thats where i am going...i just got back from there sat night...

Comment

Working...
                              X