X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACME CJ-5 Hardtop

When I got my cj-5. It had an ACME hardtop. I looked them up, they went out of bizz about 10 years ago. I had a new window made for it. The problem is the window channels are trashed. Looked around, nobody has 1/4 in window channel. Anybody know where I can find some. Also door seals as well. Thanks

Check at Home Depot or Lowe's. Maybe you could fabricate some from material that you get there.

Comment

i thought acme was still in business though.
      acmejeepparts.com

Last edited by thejeepingoat; 03-16-2005, 10:42 AM. Reason: direct linking not allowed

Comment

Acme

That's what I thougt too. There is a company in bizz. You can get truck and jeep parts from them. It's not the same one. I call out to CA were their out of the guy said it's a different company. He's the one who told me about them. He said he gets a couple of call a week about the hardtop. He said to try to find some old shops that sold the tops and parts. Never been there and don't know anyone there. Though someone reading might.

Checked out acmejeepparts.com. It's the same company I called. Thanks for the web sight.
        Last edited by Upper1; 03-16-2005, 11:11 PM. Reason: add in

Comment

If you've got a sample of what you need, take it to your local tractor/trailer repair shop. They usually can supply replacement rubber for around windows without a problem.

ragg

Comment

Can you adapt a set of CJ-7 ones that 4wd sells??

Comment

I ordered a set from JCW. About the as 4WD. Not even close. Mine is U-shaped and snaps into the window slides. It almost looks like the fuzzy slides on the house windows. The place that made me a window as 1/8in U-shaped channel. If I can't find some 1/4in, I thought I could use 1/8in and use black sealant to fill in cracks. The down side is that it will seal off the drain vents. Then the channels won't dry out.

Comment

Working...
              X