X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit short on the dashboard.....

Just another $%^&ing thing to deal with!!!!! Who has had this one happen to them before? Any thoughts? I might just leave it alone it's of the passenger side......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9382774@N07/2229266336/

it's also on the flickr site.......

Comment

Dude..welcome to the world of aftermarket...

Comment

N/m that first comment about the picture, I see it now.

Good luck fixing that one...
        Last edited by BrianABE; 01-29-2008, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Can you slot the holes a little with a die grinder and then split the diference between the two sides? Just a thought.

Comment

Snip,

I can't really do that because on the Driver side the holes that are vertical are so close to the edge and when you do the math it barely works and would just be to little edge on the driver side.

Two words: Store Credit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a crock of___________!!!

I'll probably cut down the hex bolt heads and super glue them to the dash. Cosmetic stuff later.........

Comment

Crap like that is why I will never go glass.

It is a lot of work, but entirely doable to get some extra steel and but weld it onto the passenger side of the dash. Drill the hole in the extension and then fill in the old hole.

a little welding, a little grinding and a lot of patience.

Comment

Are you going to have a 6 point roll bar, in other words, is there going to be a roll bar in front of that. I would use fat washers on the sides that pinch the firberglass sides. It will probably never be an issue but I understand the rebuild process and wanting everything to be right from the get go.

Comment

Take five of these, it will all come together in the end. I know every square inch of my cj,every flaw that drove me nuts during the rebuild. Guess what, Any one who has seen it loves it, no complaints. The guys I work with are pretty brutal, but not one has pointed out a single flaw. I don't see most of um anymore. I still got a ways to go. Just my thoughts on youre agrivation.

Comment

Thanks ofr the tips...I will focus my chi and hit something with a hammer very hard tomorrow......................no 6 point rollbar........I'll just mask it later with fake bolt heads......

"Never use glass" should be a Jeep bumper sticker........

Comment

Originally posted by CAD1976 View Post
                      Thanks ofr the tips...I will focus my chi and hit something with a hammer very hard tomorrow......................no 6 point rollbar........I'll just mask it later with fake bolt heads......

"Never use glass" should be a Jeep bumper sticker........
                      I know every one put up with my rants, on this site and my wife. Feel sorry for Her. Its tucked away for winter so I'll be starting again in spring.

Comment

cad it's your build so there are no rules, do what you want. that's what i did, you gonna have to use your imagination. personaly pretty much everything on jeep is where i wanted it, i just used the body and went from there.
                        fiberglass for me all the way. you could just make your own coustom dash, make it a uniouq make it your's. i had no plan of ever useing the stock dash.
                        http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...4/DSC00056.jpg
                        http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...4/DSC00066.jpg
                        http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...4/DSC00099.jpg

Comment

1TuffCJ i love that but i think it would be to hard to do with a manual tranny.

Cad I can't believe the problms your having. I had none of those problems with my tub. Only problem I had was tha radius on the drivers rear corner was off so I had to do a little filing to get my Super top on.

Comment

Tuff,

I wish you lived in West Palm! I would have a fridge full of beer with your name on it! Thanks for the tips, but I am just going to have to deal with it....You like the Yoda of Jeeps!

John,
                            I can't believe the problems either.......I am not one to do sloppy work.....I really feel the tub and hood are not mold right.....must have been made around Beer:30 on a Friday.

I am just going to work through the problems the best I can. I only post for tips and tricks you guys can share and to get a little aggrevation off my chest......

Comment

Just thinking out loud here...
                              If your dash holes are off that much. Hummmmm..... how does the windshield line up? I't looks like the hinges are mounted but how do the hinge holes line up with the windshield frame holes?

Comment

Working...
                              X