X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaning pile of jeep

i have a 79 cj7 that is in pretty decent shape, but there is one small prob. For the last two years it has sagged to the drivers side. It is about an inch and a half lower than the other side. New springs in back, shocks all around, checked a bunch of measurements....seems to check out. When I have jack stands on the frame in front of the rear spring mounts, it sits level. I switched the rear springs around and still same problem. The spring mount seems to be a little messed up on drivers side, but not an inch and a half...maybe a 1/4. Has anyone had this problem on their jeep? could the front springs have something to do with it? Any help would be nice, as its starting to bug me....thanks...zach

I have a 79 CJ5 and mine leaned a good bit.
    http://webpages.charter.net/brian_gu...emblyrear2.JPG
    http://webpages.charter.net/brian_gu...eprework92.JPG
    If you look closly, you can see I had a twisted frame. It had always looked crooked, so that may not be your problem if it just started.

Comment

yes, front springs will sag.

Comment

I guess i should try playing around with those front springs, maybe that will help. If not, and it is in fact my frame, can you straighten those things up? How does that work...gotta have bare frame to get it on a rack?

Comment

check your body mounts too, mine saged and i could not figure it out for the life of me andthen i found out the my body mount was broken, mine was the one by your feet on the driverside, its worth a shot to check you never know

Comment

I had my frame stripped all the way bare when I took it to the body shop, but I don't think you have to have it bare. It cost me $400 dollars to have it straightened, but that is cheap compared to $2000 for a new frame . I had also looked at getting a used one, but shipping would have been much higher because there were none near me.

Comment

thanks...ill let you know what i end up doing or what happens. maybe ill be calling a body shop.

Comment

Working...
              X