X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Question

I have a 1978 CJ. Would a dash harness from a 1979 CJ plug right into my 78 and not cause any issues? Still using my 78 engine and headlight and rear hanrnesses. I ask because I would like to switch to blade fuses which they stared using in 1979.

Thanks

Originally posted by diamatron View Post
    I have a 1978 CJ. Would a dash harness from a 1979 CJ plug right into my 78 and not cause any issues? Still using my 78 engine and headlight and rear hanrnesses. I ask because I would like to switch to blade fuses which they stared using in 1979.

Thanks
    Maybe,
    I switched the harness out of an 84 CJ7 to into my 76 Cj5 for the same reason. I replaced the whole harness but I think the 78 to 79 harness are close enough to just use the dash harness and the engine harness will plug right in.

79 Bulkhead:http://luanjp.com/strenk/images/Elec...nnector655.jpg

There might be one extra circuit on the 79 harness but I cant find it at the moment. Maybe run #93. It does go anywere in the 78 harness. The rest all line up.
    Also Check run number 78 it may be moved over one to the right according to the schematics. It's realy easy to move if you have to. It should be a brown resistance wire from the alternator.

I have an extra 79 harness at home. I'll take a look at it tonight if it's not to cold.
    Last edited by John Strenk; 02-13-2008, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much. I dont use the resistance wire, since I installed a one wire alternator. I do though have a automatic and the ebay harness I am looking at was a manual transmission. THerefore I dont know if it will ave the electric kickdown switch foy my TH400.

THanks for being so helpful and looking into this for me. If you wanted to part with your 79 harness, maybe we could post get together in the for sale section.

Rick

Comment

Working...
      X