X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyJacker 2.5 Inch Lift

Installed my 2.5 inch lift last night along with all new poly bushings and shackles, Now for the Tires, what size do you guys think I need, I have 16x8 Mickey Thompson Classic Wheels on order. I was running 235/75-15 BFG All-Terrain KO's. Now they look like donuts.

31's , maybe 32's but don't think so without rubbing.

Comment

Depends on how much you want to flex. My CJ7 had 32's on it with stock springs and did not rub. I lifted it before I really wheeled it though. I am sure these would have rubbed quite a bit. 31's are prob a better option, but 32's would fit.

Comment

I had 32x9.50 TSL radials mounted up with a 4WD 2.5" lift before I tore it all down for restoration (mission creep). Looked like plenty of room, though I never even wore the titties off those tires. Had to adjust out the limiter bolts in the knuckles to keep the big side lugs from grabbing the leaf springs but that's to be expected, I think. Used 15x7 Cragar white spokes with whatever the standard offset is.

Comment

On another site a guy has a set of 34X9.5 with a 2.5 inch lift. Looks good and I believe he said not much rubbing.

I run a 2.5 inch lift from here and 33's. I haven't wheeled it much, but it looks good

High5

Comment

I put on the new Mickey Thompson wheels and Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's 265/75-16, looks like it could climb a wall, nothing is close to rubbing though.

Comment

You could have went with 285-75-R16's (approx 33-12.50s) They would have been fine. I ran a 2.5" lift 1" Shackles and TJ flares and I fit 35-12.50-15's with out issues

Comment

Working...
              X