X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOPAR 360 CJ, RUBICON EXP. LIFTS, MORE SHACKLE REVERSAL

I HAVE A 84 CJ7 WITH NO MOTER, TRANS, TRANSFER, WIREING, ETC. I HAVE BOUGHT A 86 DODGE WITH 360 AND NP435 4SP GRANNY. I AM PLANING TO PULL THE MOTOR, TRANS, T-CASE AND PUT THEM IN MY CJ. DOES ANY COMPANY MAKE MOTOR BRACKETS FOR THIS SWAP? DO YOU HAVE ANY INSIGHT ON THIS SWAP. IM THINKING ABOUT PUTTING THE DANA 44'S FROM THE DODGE INTO THE JEEP ALSO, BUT HAVE NO IDEA OF THE COST OF NARROWING THE AXLES AND GETTING THE PERCHES MOVED. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY THING ABOUT THE RUBECON EXPRESS LIFTS THAT REPLACES THE FRONT SPRING PACKS WITH THE WIDER WRANGLER ONES. DOES ANY BODY KNOW HOW GOOD THE M.O.R.E. SHACKLE REVERSAL WITH BUGGY SPRINGS RIDE ON THE ROAD. IM LOOKING TO MAKE THIS THING VERY TRAIL WORTHY, BUT WANT IT TO HANDLE WELL ON THE ROAD.

Wow, that was a mouthfull.You will probably need to make the m-mounts.Not that big of a deal. Talk to people untill you find someone who has done things like this and give it a try.Don't wory about cutting the axles,try them full width first. See if you like it. The spring's will need to be moved outboard I think. Mounted outside the frame. In my opinion your money is better spent on tool's and such than to pay someone else to do it.If I remember right the axles will be about 4" wider on each side. Just use extended flares if that bothers you. Good Luck

Comment

corey, I can help you with the motor at least. Just use 2 passenger side frame mounts for the CJ. You'll have to drill new holes depending where you locate the motor. Next you'll need 2 early mopar "A" body motor mounts- Just get some for a '70 Dodge Dart (8 cyl. of course) This is the difficult part: Now you need to find the brackets that attach the rubber mounts to the engine-The pass. side is cake: Just get one from a 69-72 Mopar pass. car The driver side is a little harder: It has to be from a 340 or 360 pass car....,71-72 Full size pass cars may be your best bet here. You may want to replace the driver side motor mount with a solid one; I beleive Moroso still makes one. There's more to discuss including cooling, ect. but PM me so I don't clog this thread more than I have already.

Comment

Sorry I didn't think of this sooner: All the pieces I mentioned are available as a kit (except for the Jeep frame mounts) from Schumaker Creative Services www.engine-swaps.com

Comment

Working...
        X