X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 cj wiper switch problem

I am having trouble wiring up my wiper switch. I am rebuilding my jeep with a fiberglass tub. I have the centech wiring kit. The wires from my wiper motor is a 4-wire flat. My switch is a round (7 ??) male terminated. From what I understand is there is a red power feed wire (found it) and a yellow that feeds the washer pump (still looking for it). Is there some kind of adapter wire going from the motor to the other 5? terminals on the switch?
    Last edited by weeha66; 02-25-2008, 02:53 PM.

Sound like parts of a intermittant wiper system. Did your jeep use to have intermittant wipers?

Comment

No it did not. I have been told that the wire from the wiper motor plugs into the original wiring harness. The other end of the harness plugs into the switch. Does this sound right? If so, maybe I can wire part of the original harness from the switch to the motor.

thanks,
      mike

Comment

My painless had two wires for the wiper (one was for the wiper fluid) as well but the plug had a seven pin.

Do you still have the seven pin? If so hook it to the back of the switch and then find the hot wire that runs the motor and just hook it up to the wiper wire in your wiring harness.

Comment

Ok use this picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...c/P1260001.jpg

The red one goes to power and the yellow to the washer bottle.
          Hope this helps.
          Don't forget to ground the wiper motor.

Comment

Sorry I just re-read your post.
            You do have intermittant wiper system.
            The red plug is from the box. The one from the harness is black.
            Someone might have replaced your switch or the box could be bad.

Comment

You might try contacting Centech, not sure how their customer support is, but I hope it's good, I have a harness from them as well that I plan on installing in a month or two.

Comment

Working...
              X