X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Upgrade ?

I just finished reading Daniel Stern's right up on upgrading the headlight harness, what a great article. I'm am looking into this since I'll be installing my H4 headlights and relays soon. But one question came to my mind. Where should I start with the 12 ga wire? I am assuming as close to the wiring bulkhead as I can. Am I correct?

Is that the article that does this?

http://forums.4wd.com/kyoung_4wdforu...ight=headlight

If it is, then you really don't need to even cut your original harness. Since the relays only draw a small current, the small CJ wiring won't be bothered by them. Just use the 12ga for everything else. (from the battery, through the relays, and the ground too.)

Comment

The article I read talks about upgrading the headlamp power circuit with 12 ga wire along with adding the relays. I may try that one instead. Seems alot easier with the same results.

Comment

If relays are used it isn't nessasary to upgrade the wiring up to the relay. Only need better wire from the battery to the relays and to the headlights. Just as Tracraym explains.
        Don't forget to upgrade the ground wire on the headlight also. It's often overlooked.

Comment

Working...
        X