X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Antenna Mount

Getting ready to do my body and paint work and have a simple (read stupid)question. My '80 CJ-5 has 2 factory holes for the radio antenna (passenger side about 6" apart). I no longer have the original antenna and all the ones I see for sale look like they only have a small mounting area (1 hole?). I'm sure mine was the factory original. Trying to figure out what anybody else has and deciding whether to weld up the holes I have.

Heck even I rate this thread only 1/2 *

I would get an antenna, if you plan on using one at all. There are original CJ antennas for sale once in a while on ebay, and companies that sell aftermarket replacement mounts and antennas.
    So, pick out an antenna first. Perhaps it will fit in one of your holes. If it does, good...leave that hole, and cover up the other. If the new antenna that you buy doesn't fit either hole, cover both the old holes, and drill a new hole. Hope this helps.

Comment

You can have my antenna if you want it. I don't listen to the radio...ever.
      It's the spring-loaded stocker that sits in the side of the fender with a single hole. I've seen the type that fits yours, but don't know where to get one.

Comment

I just looked at mine and it has 2 holes as well. The tub is from a 87 Yj. Im going to have to do something as well. Let me know if you find one for the 2 holes. Thanks russ

Comment

I switched mine to a CB antenna mount.
          something like this one
          http://www.walcottcb.com/antenna-mou...-c-29_109.html

I found one that was chrome at a local CB shop.
          PS i run my am/fm off of a fiberglass CB antenna and it seems to work fine.

Comment

This is what mine looks like. The upper hole has a rubber boot. Anyone have an idea of where Could find a replacement. It keeps most water out but it dry rotted and not in the best shape.
            Last edited by mjfitz99; 04-07-2008, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X