X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring from hell

my stock harness has been chopped, spliced, and rerouted 10 times over. now today all my gauges spiked and the dash started smoking...so that was the straw that broke the jeepers back. whats the best full wiring harness out there w/ plenty of circuits, and if i need something modified on it like my autometer gauges for example, they would be able to do it. $$$ also plays an important role

The PO of my CJ dropped in a painless harness when he swapped to a Chevy drive train. From what I've seen I've been fairly impressed with it. Been nice to have each wire labeled every 6-8".

I've also looked at the 4wd harness and thought it looked like a quality piece as well.

Comment

I'm have a Centech kit to put on my CJ, I heard both good and bad about the Painless kit. My friend put the Painless kit on his CJ and it was a nightmare, nothing was labeled right. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that I have a good experience with the Centech kit.

Comment

I replaced all my wiring in my old 75 CJ5 with a painless went great no problems. I am going to replce the wiring in my new 81 with a painless kit number 11010 it has most circuits that are pre-terminated with the right connector on them but runs around $500. Hope this helps

Comment

i just spoke w/ jim from centech. for about $500, it comes w/ fuse block and all wiring front to back, and since i have a late model gm engine w/ a 4 wire hookup, they will make leads out of the fuse block for my engine hookup. they can also make alterations to the harness to make my autometer gauges a simple plug-in.

Comment

Sounds like a plan. Centech makes alot of custom kits for hot rods from what I have heard.

Comment

Centech gets my vote. I put their harness in my 82 CJ7 and love it. I ordered both a Painless and a Centech harness, so I could compare them. The Centech harness is MUCH better, so I sent the Painless back. The Centech harness was already in the looms, and used soldered connections. Painless used crimp connections (yuck) and the wires were helter skelter.

Comment

Centech X10

Comment

I'm glad to hear that you guys think so highly of the Centech kit.

Comment

Working...
                  X