X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adj. track bar

Okay, so i need an adjustable front track bar to combat the bump steer that im experiencing with my newly installed lift. Here is the problem: to install the track bar drop bracket, the hole where the track bar would connect to the frame had to be widened, which i guess means makes it too big for a new track bar? Any suggestions? and if this doesnt make sense, let me know.

I did that........I am still running my JKS track bar in that bigger hole on the Axle side trac bar bracket. The ony real solution I see besides cutting it off and re-welding a new bracket is to re-drill the correct hole and use your adjutability to make up that difference.
    I am going for the cut it off and reweld it route when I install my front ARB and axle seals and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by TJAugie
      I did that........I am still running my JKS track bar in that bigger hole on the Axle side trac bar bracket. The ony real solution I see besides cutting it off and re-welding a new bracket is to re-drill the correct hole and use your adjutability to make up that difference.
      I am going for the cut it off and reweld it route when I install my front ARB and axle seals and whatnot.
      I think he's talking about the frame hole and you are speaking of the axle hole?

I too run the jks and it uses a larger hole than stock. Yeah i had to drill it larger and won't be able to use trackbars that take stock sized bolts but to tell you the truth, the jks trackbar is a very reliable and strong t-bar. I don't think i'll ever have to replace it so the larger bolt stays

Comment

this post is to get rid of the 66* number of posts i have!

Comment

yeah so i guess the question is how much did it have to be widened and if the jks bolt would fit in the wider hole.

Comment

yeah, i was talking about the frame hole

not sure how big the hole is off the top of my head, but ill find out... it can always be drilled wider, right?

how much is the jks bar?

Comment

Originally posted by Tucking Fypo
              yeah, i was talking about the frame hole

not sure how big the hole is off the top of my head, but ill find out... it can always be drilled wider, right?

how much is the jks bar?

4wd has it for $219. a little on the expensive side but well worth it.

Comment

Did you add a drop pitman arm when you install the drop trackbar bracket? You need to.

Comment

yeah i did... would a steering stabilizer be of any use here too?

Comment

yeah i did... would a steering stabilizer be of any use here too?
                    The stock stabilizer does an ok job. Larger tires should have a larger stabilizer but is not required.

Comment

Originally posted by rob5059MOD
                      Did you add a drop pitman arm when you install the drop trackbar bracket? You need to.

common misconception, you don't need a dropped pitman arm unless your track bar and drag link are not parallel, most of the time people just put on a dropped pitman arm not knowing if they really need it or not and it causes all they're bump steer.

Comment

Originally posted by fourwheelin49r
                        common misconception, you don't need a dropped pitman arm unless your track bar and drag link are not parallel, most of the time people just put on a dropped pitman arm not knowing if they really need it or not and it causes all they're bump steer.
                        Never really thought about it but that makes perfect sense. Guess I am pulling out the crawler tonight and going under to see if mine are in synch.

Thanks

Comment

can someone tell me exactly what the drag link is? im pretty sure i know but im afraid i may be confusing it with tie rod ha...

Comment

can someone tell me exactly what the drag link is? im pretty sure i know but im afraid i may be confusing it with tie rod ha...
                            Tie rod is the bar going from knuckle to knuckle, straight across. The draglink is attached to the tie rod at the passenger side and goes up to the pitman arm (steering box). It has the steering stabilizer attached to it.

Comment

Originally posted by fourwheelin49r
                              I agree, but when you add a drop trackbar bracket on the frame end, you need to drop the pitman arm to keep them at the same angle.

Comment

Working...
                              X