X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deleting users threads

someone deleted a thread i had going yesterday. i would appreciate it, and i'm sure other users would also appreciate it, that when a mod deletes or edits out a thread that you send the author a PM so they know. i'm not biatching about the thread being deleted but i want to know why so i don't start similar stuff and just get it deleted again. although, i didn't see anything offensive about the thread either.

Hey Craig, at least on my screen I can still see the thread. It looks like it was "soft" deleted which means you still can see the subject but not the posts. Look to the rightt of it and there is a note to why. Let me know if you can see it or not.

Steve

EDIT: We are supposed to let the user know thru a PM when and why we deleted a post. Could have been an oversight. We are checking on it.

Comment

As I mentioned in the PM I sent you this morning, the moderators send or in this case, should send, the thread starter a PM to let them know why the thread was deleted. They don't just go around and delete threads for no reason. Whatever the reason is, I stand behind all of them.

Like steve said, the thread is still there and you can see who deleted it and why.

Comment

Craig,
        My fault on not sending a PM. I was in the middle of things and just posted to the deletion why I removed it. I'll make sure to send out a PM next time I delete something. Again, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by LoTGoD
          Craig,
          My fault on not sending a PM. I was in the middle of things and just posted to the deletion why I removed it. I'll make sure to send out a PM next time I delete something. Again, sorry.

so you're getting even with me for the tire carrier thing? j/k

but i still don't see it. must be that i'm getting older now. in addition to the hearing aids, i need glasses.
          Last edited by FUBAR; 10-12-2005, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FUBAR
            ...but i still don't see it. must be that i'm getting older now. in addition to the hearing aids, i need glasses.
            Or maybe...

http://www.thebluething.com/img/grasshopper.jpg

Comment

Ueland you FUBARed FUBAR!!

Comment

FUBAR, just a FYI, the thread shows up on the Mods screen as deleted, but not regular members, so it was a oversite, LoTGoD (and all of us mods) did not know you could not see why it was deleted.

Comment

shows up on the Mods screen {snip} but not regular members
                  So what else can you guys see that you're not sharing with us out here in regular member-land?
                  Does that mean I need to put some clothes on before I log in?

Comment

It's Top secret. If we told you...well you know the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by tomsjeep
                      So what else can you guys see that you're not sharing with us out here in regular member-land?
                      Does that mean I need to put some clothes on before I log in?
                      Trust me, no one is looking.

Comment

We are watching you....

Comment

Originally posted by willness33
                          Ueland you FUBARed FUBAR!!

sorry grasshoppers, you and ueland need the training, not me. i was once the student, but now i am the master.

Comment

Fubar

Post it again. I missed the whole dam thing! That way the mods can check to see if they are deleting post properly.

This is only a test!

Comment

Originally posted by FUBAR

sorry grasshoppers, you and ueland need the training, not me. i was once the student, but now i am the master.

...Master in one hand... playboy in the other... we know how you are.

Comment

Working...
                              X