Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
2005 Rubicon Tru-Lok front and rear lockers!! Does that work in LOW RANGE ONLY???? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Rubicon Tru-Lok front and rear lockers!! Does that work in LOW RANGE ONLY????

I'm looking at a 2005 Wranger Unlimited Rubicon, and I'm crazy about the Tru Loc front and rear locking system, but it seems from what I read and hear that maybe the Tru Loc only works when the jeep is in low range??????? My only problem with that is that the 2005 Rubicon has a REALLY LOW LOW RANGE. Great for rock climbing, but I was thinking snow and snow drifts. I was thinking that for the snow we get up here that Tru Loc would be fantastic, but not at one and a half miles an hour! (Laugh) Drift busting at 1.5 mph just wouldn't be the same! I'd love to hear from someone who owns one that the Tru Loc also works in high range?
    Last edited by BigSkyGuy; 03-11-2013, 08:57 PM.

Aren't they air compressed locker's? Should be little switches near the rear
    windshield wiper to lock the differentials.

Comment

It's true that they only work in 4 LO but there was a thread on here with a link to a Rubicon Website that had a writeup on how to modify the system so that they can be engaged in 4 HI as well. Stupid saftey features. Try a search for the post

Comment

yes it does only work in low but there is something u can do to fix that i dont have a rubicon myself so i havnt done this just remember reading about it
        CLICK BELOW

http://www.rockcrawler.com/techreports/jeep_rubicon_locker_bypass/index.asp
        Last edited by postj; 07-26-2005, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Well, I have a Rubi and what you hear, and what they say above, is true. You can only lock'em in 4-Lo. There are right ups on how to by-pass this feature, but I have tried it yet... HTH

Comment

Originally posted by postj
            yes it does only work in low but there is something u can do to fix that i dont have a rubicon myself so i havnt done this just remember reading about it
            CLICK BELOW

http://www.rockcrawler.com/techreports/jeep_rubicon_locker_bypass/index.asp

i get an error saying that URL is invalid and can not be loaded...

Comment