suspension questions Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension questions

i have a 83 scrambler want to put 35 '' tires on it would it be worth it to put yj springs in front i have a shackle reversion how can you tell if it is standard or a lift oneit has dana 30 with detriot locker and cromoly axles in rear it is a amc 20 one piece moser axles detriot locker disc brakes with 4.56 i am getting ready to put a turbocharged 250 chevy six cylinder with a sm465 and a 205 in it any info. would be great.thanks

are you asking how you could tell if the springs are lift springs. or if the shackle reversal adds lift??

and I usually put lean towards the yj springs on some applications... I like the extra width of the springs. :O)

I have YJ springs with an SOA, they ride much smoother than the OE springs, just make sure you get a new set and not used crap.

yeah i wanted to know how to tell what lift i have and what i need to run 35's

If you have 33's on there now, you probably have a 4 inch lift. You will need another inch to stuff the 35's under there.