X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater Hoses

I'm looking for some info on heater hoses. I bought my '86 CJ from FL and the heater core is not hooked up. I live in CO and need it! Can anyone help out with hose size, length, and routing info?

what engine do you have?

Comment

258 I6

Comment

If it's not hooked up then it's 90% bad, I would guess. Try it first w/a garden hose, plug one side & put pressure to it (hose inlet) & see if it leaks, if it does replace it along w/the Chevy heater blower upgrade (go here: http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/body/heater.html) to get great volume of heat/air in the cab.

The top of the heater core (upper hose termination, verticle) goes to the h2o pump outlet & the bottom one goes to the intake cooling port behind the carb on the intake.

I would install a flush valve/port that the newer Jeep have, U can flush the system w/a garden hose that will screw to it.

RollBar

P.S. This is a good page to read. (http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/258bbd/).
        Last edited by Rollbar; 03-24-2005, 08:45 PM.

Comment

i agree that there's a good chance it's leaking if it's not hooked up. you can get the hoses at any auto parts store like auto zone, advanced auto, napa, etc.

Comment

Yep I agree with those guys. I bypassed mine when it started leaking cause I lived in FL at the time and didnt need it.

Comment

I replaced my hoses a couple months ago and notice that one of the hoses is slightly larger than the other which of course required a second trip to Autozone. Cant remember which is larger, but at least you know to look for it.
              TD

Comment

The hose that goes from your pump to the heater core is 3/4" the one that goes from the heater core to the intake is 5/8", I found this out when it keept leaking at the manifold no matter how tight the fitting was.

Comment

Working...
                X