X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid Turn Signals

My turn signals only go solid. I have not been able to locate the flasher to take to find a replacement. Am I looking for the wrong thing? I have a 1974 CJ5 that has the lever bolted on the side of the column and the lever does shift signal left and right but the signals don't flash. Light bulbs are of the two filiment version as noted in the maintenance manual as the first step to look for. Please help with other suggestions.

Originally posted by Scott's CJ View Post
    My turn signals only go solid. I have not been able to locate the flasher to take to find a replacement. Am I looking for the wrong thing? I have a 1974 CJ5 that has the lever bolted on the side of the column and the lever does shift signal left and right but the signals don't flash. Light bulbs are of the two filiment version as noted in the maintenance manual as the first step to look for. Please help with other suggestions.
    Turn on the left or right siginal, if it stays solid ON then try the other, if it stays solid ON, It's probaly the flasher. If you have a burnt out bulb it will flash on one side and not the one where the burnt out one is. Does that make sense to you. I do know what I mean.

Comment

If yours is the same as my 86 CJ the fuse block is located right behind the Emergency brake foot pedal. The flasher is plugged in there and is about the size of a quarter and an inch deep.

Comment

also while you have it in the 'ON' position.. make sure that you look and check all of your bulbs... some of those systems (like the one on my old 74 CJ) would quit blinking if there was a bulb out, or the front bulbs (usually crappy connections) were not making the correct connections.

ok did that just sound like I was talking in circles???

also my flasher unit was located up around the steering column in a clip.. something similar to a GM location...

just a couple of words to maybe help ya out.. i hope it does..

Comment

You might also want to check your grounds. Even one on the front clip would cause your problems as well.

Comment

I had a similar problem, but with one side. It ended up being my wiring. There were some bad splices or something, and one of the wires had come loose. Only took me about 4 hours to track that down... Ugh.

Comment

Working...
            X