X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off roading in illinois

hey everyone, well i am looking for some places kinda close to me that are places i can go off roading. now i am not looking for places that i will have body damage and stuff, just some places to get a lil dirty, it is my dd and i dont have money to fix stuff or upgrade..... yet. i am south of chicago, near joliet or orland park if you know where that is. also i can go into wi or in if it isnt too far. thanks before hand.

Not too Far from you.

http://www.thecliffsinsaneterrain.com/
    I am in the NW suburbs. I have looked at this place on-line, but I have not been there. Not as of yet. Maybe that will change this summer.

We will see,

Edit: I forgot to post the link. I gues my new name and title should be changed to Sofa King We Tardid
    Last edited by FlatLander; 11-26-2007, 09:43 PM.

Comment

I also live in Illinois, but quite a ways South of you. My son mentioned this evening that there is a 4x4 Park up in Rockford, North of your location. I do not know the name. Some of his friends have been up there with their 4x4's. If you can do a weekend, there is a place in Indiana called "The Badlands." Nice to do over a weekend. Lots of space to wheel. It takes 4x4's and ATV's. My son and his friends go there some times. You can see their web site on the internet. Type in Badlands or check 4x4 parks I would guess. I have looked at the site, it looks to be a fun place, but from your location it would be best to do over a weekend. We live about 2 1/2 + hours from it.

Comment

thanks guys. i have heard of the badlands. from what i hear though there is a lot of sand and i dont know how much i like that idea.

Flatlander, what was the name of the place you checked out online or the website?

thanks again guys

Comment

Originally posted by hockey38
          thanks guys. i have heard of the badlands. from what i hear though there is a lot of sand and i dont know how much i like that idea.
          You shouldn't be listening to fools, the Badlands is definately not all sand. They have what they call sand dunes but is really soft dirt/sand that allows some fun climbing. There is also some trail areas that go into some low lying areas and creeks. The back section is for trucks only and has some serious rock climbs. Spent a weekend there last March and had a super time.
          Last edited by rstarch345; 11-27-2007, 10:29 AM.

Comment

The Badlands

The Badlands are def. not all sand. They do have an area that is sand like rstarch345 said. They have a rock quarry, some light trails and some really nasty trails. You can find about anything that you would want to do. Just remember you are in the Midwest, not the Moad or anything. It is still a good time there though. My club is attending a run there tomorrow for their Toys for Tots run. If you can you should try to make it. I also have heard that the Cliffs are pretty narly. I haven't been there to find out, but may make a run with my club next year.

Comment

Forgot

I forgot to mention that there are some creeks to go down and some tubes to drive through, kinda cool.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...7/DSC01104.jpg

I have some more pics at http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x44/lilboy1023/.

Comment

What town you in. I'm in Woodridge. Looking to do some wheeling but there arn't many trails.

Originally posted by FlatLander
                http://www.thecliffsinsaneterrain.com/
                I am in the NW suburbs. I have looked at this place on-line, but I have not been there. Not as of yet. Maybe that will change this summer.

We will see,

Edit: I forgot to post the link. I gues my new name and title should be changed to Sofa King We Tardid
                Bandlandz is a very good time. Like you guys said its gotta a taste of everything, mudding, crawling, sand, creek crawl. GOOD times. I've had some friends go The Cliff's. Its a farely new park and they said the trails are a little tight. Anybody have some land we can all meet up on and do some wheeling??

What club are you in?? Love to join you guys but I got no way of getting my rig down there...

Originally posted by lilboy1023
                The Badlands are def. not all sand. They do have an area that is sand like rstarch345 said. They have a rock quarry, some light trails and some really nasty trails. You can find about anything that you would want to do. Just remember you are in the Midwest, not the Moad or anything. It is still a good time there though. My club is attending a run there tomorrow for their Toys for Tots run. If you can you should try to make it. I also have heard that the Cliffs are pretty narly. I haven't been there to find out, but may make a run with my club next year.
                Last edited by BigOCj5; 11-30-2007, 02:56 PM.

Comment

i am in new lenox week days and palos heights on weekend.. i have gone in some land before to get muddy but thats about all

Comment

I had a guy tell me there was a place in lombard they would go. It is suppose to be on the north side of north ave down by main I believe. He told me to just go to the dead end and drive over the hill. It sounded like it was private property to me and he didn't make it sound like they asked permission. Was curious if anyone else in the area had heard of it or been there?

Kevin

Comment

That sucks

It was a good time at the Badlands this weekend. I tried to make my Jeep into a submarine. I guess you shouldn't try to go into a mud hole without knowing how deep it is. Ooh well, it was fun. I am in Empty Pockets Offroad. A new club. WE have been around for almost a year.

Comment

Originally posted by kevhead75 View Post
                        I had a guy tell me there was a place in lombard they would go. It is suppose to be on the north side of north ave down by main I believe. He told me to just go to the dead end and drive over the hill. It sounded like it was private property to me and he didn't make it sound like they asked permission. Was curious if anyone else in the area had heard of it or been there?

Kevin
                        was it me that told you that? its right behind my work, im not quite sure its private property, i believe its village property, and to tell you the truth i have not seen anyone get introuble for going back there in the last 5 years. there is always someone back there, and right behind our shop is a low swampy area where lots of people get stuck, its pretty funny to sit there and listen to the them complain about how they're going to get it out.

Comment

Dang I thought I was the only one from the crapy state. most of you guys are way north of me though. But yeah badlands is really the only park around the chicago area that is public. I know of a few places up north from me that are club places that i get invited to every so often. If you travel a bit south there is rockport quary. there is a place around Bloomington/normal that is supposed to be good but last time i was there it was still clubs only.

Comment

Working...
                          X