X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libby commuted

Bush commutes ( Bushspeak for pardon) Cheney's fall guy Libby Of his jail term. Unbelieveable.

Watch what you say, you'll offend the Bush lovers on this forum!

Comment

Oh like THIS was a surprise?

Much like Clinton did before he left office.

But in typical Bush fashionn he did so with an arrogance about it.

What an idiot.

Comment

commutes vs pardon 2 DIFFERENT acts

Commutes ONLY removes the jail time. Fines probation comunity service still remain in effect (this is what Bush did)

Pardon wipes his record 100% clean, like it never happened. Nothing to pay back no probation etc.

This is SOP at this level. Did Carter not pardon Nixon of all crimes? and they were from different parties.

Not saying its right, because it is not. But it was to be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Vipers-pit
          commutes vs pardon 2 DIFFERENT acts

Commutes ONLY removes the jail time. Fines probation comunity service still remain in effect (this is what Bush did)

Pardon wipes his record 100% clean, like it never happened. Nothing to pay back no probation etc.

This is SOP at this level. Did Carter not pardon Nixon of all crimes? and they were from different parties.

Not saying its right, because it is not. But it was to be expected.

Close, but no cigar.
          Carter pardoned the draft-evaders who had fled to Canada.
          Ford pardoned Nixon.

Comment

Originally posted by tomsjeep

Close, but no cigar.
            Carter pardoned the draft-evaders who had fled to Canada.
            Ford pardoned Nixon.
            Details details.

Comment

Originally posted by Vipers-pit
              Details details.
              ....make all the difference.

Kinda like the difference between Stonewall Jackson and Andrew Jackson. Many people confuse them, but they remain two very different people. Unfortunately, thing like this are all over history, especially in museums and national monument (mostly tour guides, like the one I personally heard exclaim while leading a tour at Gettysburg Museum, "Then, one of Robert E. Lee's most famous generals, Andrew 'Stonewall' [yes, with quote hands] led the South to a glorious victory at the Second Battle of Bull Run." Herein, her supervisor had to stop and correct that a) Andrew Jackson and Stonewall Jackson were two different people, b) the Second Battle of Bull Run was still a Confederate victory but the Union army was not nearly as defeated as the first, and c) Stonewall Jackson was dead from friendly fire long before this battle ever took place.

After an awkward silence....she simply giggled and said, "I never knew they were two different people. Well, you learn something different every day, don't you."

So...the point of this? Details do matter. Not tryin to sound like a jackass....but always get your facts straight first.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by pds84
                ....make all the difference.
                (snip)So...the point of this? Details do matter.
                Most especially when you're calling in artillery fire.
                It really sucks to "fire for effect" on your own position!

Comment

bush only does what dick cheney tells him to do.

Comment

Originally posted by williewike
                    bush only does what dick cheney tells him to do.
                    Oh how true.

Comment

Im not a Bush fan boy, but lets look at this. In 8 years Clinton pardoned over 450 people I believe. In the almost 7 years Bush has been in office he has pardoned 77. And most of Clintons were not in the last day, week, month or even year.

Comment

i think bush is an idiot. i was not a big clinton fan but at least he only screwed us one at a time.

Comment

Everytime I see this thread title, the first thing that crosses my mind is that someone's Jeep Liberty got into trouble somehow...

and then I click in here and discover all you folks ranting about politics.

One has to wonder how you folks manage to sleep at night, given how worked up about this everyone gets.

Comment

Can I believe this? Oh Yah. Every president during my lifetime has done this. Most of the people they pardoned were much worse than Libby. He was just the throw down guy who was dumb enough to do what he was told. I'm not bashing Bush. I'm a republican, but I'm tired of both sides. They both play their games while the country goes to sh#$. It's just politics with no problems getting solved. Show me an honest politician these days and I'll show you the guy that lost the nomination.

Comment

Bush knew if he didn't commute Libby he would get tired of sitting in prison and start singing about whats really been going on in this white house. Iran- Contra?

Comment

Working...
                              X