X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure beats walking!

the wife's Libby was down for a few days last week, had to replace the rack and pinion. so that just left us with my CJ5. since she can't drive a stick shift, (partly why i bought it), i had to take her to work, dr. appointments, and wherever she needed to go. i can't remember the last time i heard her complain so much, "it's too cold, it's too hard to get into, it rides too rough, etc. etc." i'd rather drive it than that Chrysler creation of hers. although on those days when it's 5 degrees outside, those heated seats are kind of nice. i told her she could always walk instead but she never took me up on that. my CJ isn't the most luxurious ride in the world, but it's dependable and sure beats walking!

Women are all alike. My wife complains when she has to ride in my CJ-5 if I have to work on her HHR. The only time she enjoys it is in the summer when the top and doors are off of it.

Comment

Not too tough to swap in heated seats....

Or, just use a torch to warm them up!

Install an inverter and tape a couple hair dryers under the seats?

Comment

My wife is just the opposite! If her car is tied up, she'll ask to drive my jeep to work! I always offer to take her, in my truck, though.

Growing up, she used to mow 7 acres of grass, with a farm tractor, starting when she was 7 years old. She'll drive anything.

Rich

Comment

A love/hate relationship...

Myrtle has put The Blonde One and I hoofing it more than a couple of times but Blondie still looks on Myrtle with affection. She doesn't like driving Myrtle, though. I've done a ton of work to Myrtle to get a 'comfortable' drive but she's still too skiddish for The Blonde One. I've found a lot of folk just can't get past the 'You have to point her, not drive her,' advice.

Comment

My wife waits patiently for me to finish the 5,. She loved driving it. But now since I got her the Audi convertable for Christmas, I don't think I'll have to wrestle the CJ from her.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryphon View Post
              Not too tough to swap in heated seats....

Or, just use a torch to warm them up!

Install an inverter and tape a couple hair dryers under the seats?
              there's just something unnatural about a CJ with heat!

Comment

these things have heat?

Comment

You can get seat heaters for about $100 per seat. I added them to my wife's Camaro when I swapped Trans Am seats into it. She loves them and they work really good.

Comment

Originally posted by thejeepingoat View Post
                    these things have heat?
                    Yeah, mine had lots of heat most of the time. It was just in the winter that it seemed lacking.

Comment

'You have to point her, not drive her,',,,, I love that, Perfect!

Comment

i bought that diverter thing that sends the air out to the foot area. makes for a great foot sweating heater, and does a decent job of keeping the front warm. better than the stock piece in a CJ (YJ too i think). it does suck to get out and have my sweaty feet freeze but its better than being kinda cold all the time.

Sources: drove my jeep as a daily driver for about 5 years (albeit in north central North Carolina)

Comment

Working...
                        X