X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tcm for my 94 46rh auto tranny

I am trying to find out what the transmission control module looks like and where it is located in a 94 grand cherokee. I need to go to the wrecking yard and get one to go along with my 5.2L swap in my wrangler, but I don't know what it looks like or where to find it in the rig. Thanks for the help.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_CWRtuk2VBho/...0/DSC02082.JPG

module location

1994 ZJ ...tcm module is located on driver side of the dash adjacent to the steering column . the module and harness connector are accessible from under the instrument panel. a retaining plate and 2 locknuts secure the module to the dash and are on the engine compartment side of the dash panel

Comment

picture?

Any chance you have a picture or even an animated picture of the module... and the location. That does help me though. Thanks for the reply.

EDIT* Oh, one other thing... Is the OD on/off switch attached to the module or is the module totally seperate? Thanks.
      Last edited by CAVE; 02-23-2007, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Sweet Swap!!!!

Ole' Jeep tec here,
        If I remember right the 94 doesnt actually have a TCM! It's a basic tranny with od unit on the tail of it. and its controled by the PCM. The OD button is on the right side of the column next to the rear wiper control. The newer 45RFE's have them and the older AW-4/42RE/44RE have them. Good luck
        Last edited by hmr-rsq; 02-23-2007, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Cool, so my 46rh shouldn't have one at all outside of the tranny itself? The wiring diagram that I have shows that there should be one under the dash as stated above, but when I look at my stock zj harness I can't seem to find any plug or even group of wires that have the same colors as what the diagram shows. Did these trannys have a mid-year split where they seperated the tcm from the tranny... and maybe I have the early half of the split and my diagram covers the later? Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

To keep the wiring diag.

simple, they usually include all options, but usually show in the diag. such options. Make sense?
            If was an RE it would have a TCM, on 96 up they would be inside the eng. compartment. Then in 99 the WJ's had the 45RFE and its all electronic.
            See the 42/44 RE's have a shift sensor and solenoid, plus an OD solenoid to shift into OD.
            The 42/46RH uses the old mech govenor and, uses the PCM to operate the OD shift solenoid.
            Hope this helps.

Comment

thanks

That helps out a bunch. Thanks Hmr-Rsq. I really appreciate the info and I can fab and rest much easier now.

Comment

Working...
              X