X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto trans problem

Whenever the transmission shifts from 1st to second at low speeds, the whole vehicle shakes. U joints are good. I have a T-Case lowering kit. The adjustable control arms are measured to spec according to the installation instructions. I dont have any other issues with any other gears. Any ideas?

Check your tranny fluid to make sure it is both full and still good. If it is brown and/or stinks bad, replace it. If your just low, add some.
    Use only ATF +4 in it for best results (there is a Valvoline and Wal-Mart version, both of which are just fine)

Comment

I replaced it when it started doing it with valvoline

Comment

How many miles when you changed fluid? Did you change the filter also or was it a flush with a machine? Did you do it or a shop? Any problems before the Valvoline? Are you positive it was ATF +4?

I also seem to remember there was an issue with the 4 speed tranny in it's first year or two of use, but don't rmember all the details. I want to say somethihng with a pump or something?

Comment

It was changed at 15,000 according to the previous owner. I then changed it at 30,000 when it started doing it. The filter was not changed. I dont think the filter is bad since it is only doing it when shifting from 1st to 2nd. I am not positive if it was ATF4 but that was several months ago when i changed it. All I can think is that it is something internal with the tranny but I am open to any suggestions.

Comment

could be the clutch plates chattering during the shift...try shifting back and forth from 1st to 2nd again and try to feel if the shake occurs before after or during the shift.

Comment

one other thing is that it shifts hard from drive to reverse and vise versa. The shake occurs just before the shift.

Comment

Working...
              X