X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJ5 Snorkle

Has anybody ever heard and/or seen a CJ5 or even any CJ for that matter with a snorkle rigged? I'm looking into doing this with my ride for many reasons. ARB doesn't offer this option to REAL jeep owners yet either. I have a Chevy 350 with Holley carb and K&N 14"(?) air filter intake set up to collect from the standard crappy passenger side air intake hole. Any suggestions and/or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The older CJ5's like mine, its a 63, the hood has a removable cutout on the passenger side, that is the only place that I have seen on installed. If I find any pics I will let you know.

Comment

Did anyone find anything out on this subject or where we can further our research etc.?
      I to would like to do it to my 79'CJ.

Have A Great Day!

JB

Comment

Home made snorkle from another forum that I found
        I'm not gonna do it after all but it's pretty well thought out
        I've also heard you can go ahead with the ARB snorle and just modify it for yourself
        another thing to consider is using silicon and a vent for the distributor
        good luck!

http://members.aol.com/a4x4jeeper/Pr...y_snorkel.html

Comment

Thanks for the info,

The snorkel in the picture goes to a stock air filter which isn't water tight, I hope this person doesn't go to deep. :razz:
          I have a K&N filter (big round one) on my 79' so I'll have to do a little more creative work etc. or get rid of it & install a new K&N on top of the snorkel.
          The idea & pictures look good, & the flex was a good idea.
          May have to look into some UV resistant PVC.

Thanks alot OneBadSrfr,

Have A Great Day!

JB

P.S. Anyone else! Keep the ideas rolling in.

Comment

Working...
          X