X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68 CJ5 specs?

I'm looking at a 1968 CJ5 with a 1/2 cab and the V6. It's in decent shape overall (at first look).

What should I find mechanically? Any trouble spots I should check?

It ~looks~ like the Buick odd-fire V6, 3 speed, twin-stick t'case, Dana 44 2pc axle and looks like a 30 up front. Drum brakes all around. The steering wheel looks junkyard, nice high-back buckets out of a newer car and the driver's side rear wheel well has been notched for more leg room, as well as the half cab has been extended about 3 inches for more room. Frame looks good, minimal rust in the body. Lots of bondo, but I really don't care too much, easy to fix. I need to get underneath and look around, but it was way muddy today.

Am I seeing what I think I am? She's bone stock at first glance.

Also, where is the voltage regulator? Theres a new alternator and battery under the hood, just wondering at possible problems.

i dont understand your question. V6, T14 ,D18.. stock..high back seats not stock... d44 rear is ok not as desirable as the 71's with flanged but still ok. if price is right jump on it the 225 oddfires are good motors.

Comment

The point is I'm just guessing on what should be there for hardware. I've found some more resources and it should have a Dana 27 front axle, 2 pc 44 read, Spicer 18 t'case and I don't know if it's a 3 or 4 speed as both were supposedly available.'

I know the seats are not stock, they look like they came from a later Chevy truck.

They want $2100 for it. If I can swing a deal, it's mine. I just need to learn more about the parts...and all of my reference books are five states away right now.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X