Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doggish CJ

Hey all

Got a few questions.. My Jeep used to do really good up hills at cruising speed. DIdnt bog down or anything. Now; a different story. Any ideas of why it would start its dog stage? Maybe spark plugs? Timing? One thing my pops mentioned was how I did the famous (Motorcraft) swap. I am not sure if it is set to factory specs. What are the factory specs for the Motorcraft carb? I am not real sure if that would be why it bogs down, but who knows? Thanks!

Egg

Could also be the fuel filter. Mine got clogged once and I couldnt get it over 45mph. Less than 5 bucks to replace.

Comment

Thanks for the imput, but I changed that not long ago. It couldnt have gone bad that quick. I hope. lol

Egg

Comment

What engine are you running?

Comment

anything in the tune up catagory. could also be back pressure. timing slipping, just a whole slew of possibilities.

Comment

A whole slew of things.. Thats not what I like to hear. I'll check the timing tommarow when there is more light. Today I fixed my Transfer case ( didnt have 4 low) I guess I really didnt FIX it, more like traded one thing for another. Before I did not have 4 low, but had 2high and 4 high. Now, I have 4 low, 2LOW , and 2high... I'm confused

What engine are you running?
            I am running the famous 258 straight six ..

Egg

Comment

Working...
            X