X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermostat

removed thermostat ( leaking ) looking at old thermostat it has small looks like a ball check , anyone knows what this is , new one does not have it . 85 cj7 6cyl

Just replaced mine as well, my new one had it, it's for venting i think, i know it needs to be at the top of the thermostat when putting it in. sorry im not more helpful.

Comment

Yeah, it is a little air jiggler valve to make sure all the air gets out from behind the thermostat. You don't really need it, but some people like them. Kind of like an insurance policy on getting the air out. The 258 does not need it as the heater outlet is so close to the thermostat.

Comment

look on the inside of it, as opposed to the outside ring and you'll see a small hole to one side of the crossbar that holds the valve together...just a redesign i guess...PS don't over torque the housing or you'll break the tab off the bottom of it (not sayin' i just did it to mine or anything...and no thats not me whistling you hear, i swear)...anyhow it's a weak piece of pot metal so be careful

Comment

Working...
        X