X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relay Question

I just finished installing my Flex a lite dual 12" fans. I currently have it hooh straight up to the battery instaed of ignition hot, but I am considering switching it. Is there any problems usiing the B+ post on the alt instead of running a whole new wire into the cab? The wire is used to trip the relay in the control box for the fans.

On my Jeep, the B+ is hot all the time, so yes, there would be a problem running it off that terminal.

Try splicing into the ignition module power feed (not the coil hot). It is a big red wire near the back of the fuse box and it is switched directly from the ignition switch. Jeep used it for several accessories, so a small relay shouldn't tax it too much.
    Last edited by tracraym; 05-11-2008, 09:00 PM.

Comment

the way I have hooked up cooling fans is to have them pull directly from the battery power, but I run them through a seperate relay that gets triggered from the ignition switch, this way I can fuse it seperately from the fuse block, and not have a lot of extra current pull through the box.

this is the same way that I connect all accessory off-road lighting as well.

Comment

That is how I wired up my lights, and how I am going to do my fans.

Comment

Working...
        X