X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which tranny w/ 304 or 360 ?

Hey, I have a 84 CJ7 with a 304 snd T5. 2nd gear is about gone,I am either going to rebuild the 304 or trade for a 360. I have heard that the T5 is junk with a V8...I have a 3 spd from a 75' CJ5 and can trade for a T176 4 speed. My problem is that I want this Jeep as a daily driver plus a good wood hauler/play Jeep on the weekends. I am thinking that the 5 speed helps w/ gas MPG. I'm not sure I'd like the 3 speed, but am open to suggestions. HELP ! which one? Thanks for any replys

Go with the 360 you will get much more bang for your buck and its a bolt in job. As for the tranny if you have the cash run a t18 or if your daddy warbucks run an nv4500 (5speed). Other than that the T176 can handle the power of an AMC V8 they came in the 79-81 CJ's as an option.

Comment

I like the 176 series behind the 360. Good high end but yet has some low for off road.

Comment

Thanks for the replys....$ is short due to the engine rebuild/swap. I can trade for the T176,just didn't want to waste my trade. Thanks again guys.

Comment

Working...
        X