Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moab Utah trip

Read all about 6 days in Moab here

Looked like alot of fun and it appears in the photos the weather was great.

It must have been disappointing to come back to Ohio and our great weather this week.

Comment

looks like you had a good time, nice pictures. Some day the wife and I
      will make it out there.

Comment

Did you guys drive the Jeeps out or trailer them out?

I think I remember you saying before that you drove out and back, if so that has to add a whole new thrill level to the trails. I could never drive one of my rigs out and wheel then drive back, I would end up breaking catastrophic parts.
        Last edited by paineszj; 10-03-2008, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by berettajeep View Post
          It must have been disappointing to come back to Ohio and our great weather this week.
          It was. Days were hot with only one day that was spotty. Nights were cool and perfect for sleeping.

Comment

Originally posted by brownrc View Post
            Some day the wife and I
            will make it out there.
            If you want it to happen it will. You don't even have to take your own rig. You can rent a Jeep and go the National park and there are places there that stockers can't go. Moab is so unique in that area. World class cycling, rafting, wheelin' and sight seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by paineszj View Post
              Did you guys drive the Jeeps out or trailer them out?

I think I remember you saying before that you drove out and back, if so that has to add a whole new thrill level to the trails. I could never drive one of my rigs out and wheel then drive back, I would end up breaking catastrophic parts.
              Brandon trailered his and I drove mine. Nate lived in Denver so he drove to Moab.

Driving the rig to the site and wheelin' is where the real thrill is. You push the envelope of wheelin' then back off just enough to make sure you get home. The rig has to be dependable enough for the drive which makes it dependable on the trail and the rig has to be built enough to handle various trails yet be a manageable DD.

Comment

Originally posted by rstarch345 View Post
                Driving the rig to the site and wheelin' is where the real thrill is. You push the envelope of wheelin' then back off just enough to make sure you get home. The rig has to be dependable enough for the drive which makes it dependable on the trail and the rig has to be built enough to handle various trails yet be a manageable DD.
                Mine wouldnt make the drive out, let alone to wheel and drive it home. Its awesome that you have been able to balance daily driver/trail capable.

Comment

It's not always an easy task having the XJ as a true multi-purpose rig. Just for the Moab trip, I spent a week going over everything and repairing or replacing anything that would be suspect. As it was, I had two seals fail and while it didn't spew enough to cause any damage, I had to top off the fluid levels every day.

Even towed the trailer which was better balanced for this trip as I changed it from a spring under to a spring over.
                  Last edited by rstarch345; 02-12-2009, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I like your setup! It sounds like you have done a good job balancing between a DD and a trail rig.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_jeepin View Post
                      I like your setup! It sounds like you have done a good job balancing between a DD and a trail rig.
                      Thanks, appreciate the compliment.

Comment

Does that guy Brandon live or used to live in Michigan? Was he a guide for w 4wd meet n greet a few years back?? Good guy - if its who I think it is!

Comment

Originally posted by 1bigjeepxj View Post
                          Does that guy Brandon live or used to live in Michigan? Was he a guide for w 4wd meet n greet a few years back?? Good guy - if its who I think it is!
                          Yes he lives in Michigan. As far as being a guide, I don't know. He's presently on his way back from Colorado so I sent him an email asking. I'll post up when he replys.

Comment

Nice link, and cool pictures.

I could never drive the jeep that far. I'm setting up the Bronco for a DD and trail rig combo. Will cost me more, but what you speak of everyday reliability is the truth. Difference is, I'd still rather cruise in the comfort of my F-250 with the A/C blasting and the rig on the trailer.

Depending on what postition I'm in at work next year, I might be able to get there with you guys. I've always wanted to go to Moab, and now have a decent group of wheeling buddies to help feed the habbit.

Comment

Looks like you had a good time Rodney!

If you guys go again next year, I WILL make it... this year would have been a little rough on that long of a trip with my daughter only being a 15 months old!

Comment

Working...
                              X