X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't need a SYE?

So I got some information before I put my lift on which stated that I won't need a SYE for my '06 Rubicon. Basically I found out that the '06 Rubicon's have a different type of driveshaft that won't need the SYE. I've since put my 4" lift on and have had no vibration problems or anything. Looks sound under there as well. Does anyone know anything about this newfangled driveshaft? I'd feel more comfortable if I had some technical knowledge on it as to how it works and why it doesn't need a SYE.

Originally posted by Mendriel
    So I got some information before I put my lift on which stated that I won't need a SYE for my '06 Rubicon. Basically I found out that the '06 Rubicon's have a different type of driveshaft that won't need the SYE. I've since put my 4" lift on and have had no vibration problems or anything. Looks sound under there as well. Does anyone know anything about this newfangled driveshaft? I'd feel more comfortable if I had some technical knowledge on it as to how it works and why it doesn't need a SYE.
    Because it already comes with a double jointed drive shaft or something like that....didn't think you needed it.

Now raise that TC back up and enjoy!

Comment

I have heard that the rubicon doesn't need the SYE but still needed to get a CV style Drive shaft but I don't know about the 06 maybe it already comes with one. Must be nice here I am having to fork out another 5-600 dollars so I can get my skid back up to stock. Did your lift come with adjustable uppers or lowers? I know that is one thing you will need no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepTJ*98
        Must be nice here I am having to fork out another 5-600 dollars so I can get my skid back up to stock. Did your lift come with adjustable uppers or lowers? I know that is one thing you will need no matter what.
        I already shelled out a bit extra when I bought the Rubicon...not to mention that I bought it new. I'm kinda kickin myself for that. It is nice to have a rig that's essentially trail ready out of the box though...and the warranty (at least the portions that aren't void).

And yes, both uppers and lowers are adjustable.

Looks like this afternoon will be spent putting the t-case back where it's supposed to be!

Comment

I'm 100% sure about the 06 but with my 04 I still needed a CV driveshaft with my 4" lift.

Comment

Pulled the t-case drop today. I was worried at first that the angle between my driveshaft and my differential was too steep, but got no vibes when I took her out. Went through all gears (including reverse) with no problems and hit around 60 mph. Rock on!

Comment

You did 60 in reverse?!

Comment

The T-case on the Rubi's already has a fixed yolk. (SYE = fixed yolk kit, you don't have a slip yolk to eliminate!) Most people just upgrade their driveshaft for the change in length, It needs to be longer with the lift.

Comment

sye

the rubicon transfer case has a harmonic balancer that you need to buy an adapter for to use a cv driveshaft. i put a RE 4.5" short arm on my 06 and have had no problems with vibration. until i do i am going to leave it alone.

Comment

now would u have vibrations all the time of only in some spots. i am planning on getting the sye and cv but for now the t case is going to have to be a little lower.

Comment

Working...
                    X