X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No instrument cluster

The instrument cluster in my 99 Sahara keeps dying. The "airbag" light and "no bus" light is always on. Three years ago the dealer said the cluster had oxydization on the contacts and it was covered under warranty. Last year the problem occured again intermittently but now it is constant. I read that there is a cluster connector patch harness available to repair the problem. I don't see how this should be the consumer's responsibility. Has anyone had any luck at a dealership or has anyone contacted Daimler Chrysler with any results? If not, about how much does this repair job cost?

I'd be willing to bet $5 bucks that somebody is going to say, "Do a search".
    I'll save you the trouble though, since that's what bulletin boards are all about.
    It was a problem, may still be. I had a 99 TJ that started doing it when I moved down to Mobile and absorbed all the humidity down here. Took it to the dealer and they fixed it. Don't remember how much it was, but it wasn't too bad. There probably is a write up somewhere about fixing it yourself that could save you money. All it is usually is a couple of little connectors that come lose or get corroded somewhere behind the cluster. There was a service bulletin about it a while back but that's all. If you're still under warranaty they'll fix it. I wasn't so I paid. Who wants to disassemble a Jeep dashboard during one of our freaking hurricanes anyway? Good luck!

Comment

Here is the write up for that...hope it helps

http://www.4wd.com/kyoung_4wdforums/...t=airbag+light

Comment

Working...
      X