X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for experienced 4WD application

I have been researching lift kits for a few months and I am left with a question for those of you who are experienced with RE lift kits. I have found some people running 35" tires with the RE 4.5" SF kit and many running 33" tires with the RE 3.5" SF kit. I would like to be able to use 35" tires and I am accepting that I am going to have to install a CV driveshaft & CV yoke. My questoin is this; will my Jeep be reliable with the installation of a 4.5" lift? It is not my DD but I want do to this the right way. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

your just changing the suspension. From the sound of it, your not going to be doing much offroading... maybe you should look into the standard flex... you can save a few bucks and maintain the same on-road preformance.

-Lou

Comment

RE lifts run higher than advertised. Its not uncommon to get 4.5" lift out of 3.5" springs.

Comment

I agree that RE lifts generally sit taller than they say. I have a 5.5" Rock Kralwer with 1" body lift and a friend has a 5.5" RE with a 1" body lift and his Jeep sits about 1.5" taller than mine. he runs 35's but is going to 38's and has plenty of room to do so. 35's on an RE 4.5" would work great.

Comment

I have found with my teraflex 4in, I can run 35s if I want, they fit, I run 33s for more flex.

Comment

Working...
          X