X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Case

I was wondering the best way to tell what type of a transfer case this is, I found a tag on the rear that reads 309001-14 and then 5359121 underneath that. Can anyone tell me if this is a dana 20 or the best way to find out. Thanks.

the dana 20 was used from 72 to 79 and the dana 300 80 to 86. the easiest way to tell them apart is the dana 300 is smooth oval shape and the dana 20 is higher where the input shatis then tapers down to the front drive shaft. If you look in the 4wd catalog at the transfer case parts it shows a good pic of both

Comment

Fsm

Welcome to the forum, Jeepman. If you're planning to keep your machine and make it healthy/ier then you should invest in a factory service manual. (Keep an eye out on e-bay for one.) They can really come in handy when you need to know stuff like this and they beat the heck out of Haynes and Chiltons. (Not knockin' these two publications they just aren't designed for individual years and the intricate detail/procedures available in a FSM.)

Comment

model 20 tc

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1/0455e483.jpg

Comment

CLICK THIS LINK

Comment

Thanks guys i do believe it is a dana 20 after listening to you guys. I need something with a good low gear would a chevy 4 speed be the best way to go considering i do have a 350 motor.

Comment

Working...
            X