X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crossover for 360 ( 1976 CJ5)

Im in the process of restoring a 1976 CJ5, with a 360 --- I'm trying to find a crossover pipe(Y pipe), I really dont want to run dual exhaust- ANY ideas??
    I also need to find a new back hatch( WINDOW) for the hard top, glas sis good but frame is rusted beyond repair
    thanks

Me thinks you are going to have to build the crossover yourself. The 304 (or bigger) always had dual exhaust in the CJ-7 anyway. If you are concerned with noise, my Jeep is fairly quiet...well, let's say, there are quiet systems out there that don't cost a fortune. Actually, the quieter they are the cheaper they are now-a-days.

If it is cost, I have less than $400 in my exhaust from headers to rear bumper. I think that is pretty cheap, and all parts were new, if I remember right, and the pipes were all custom. I just drive for a bargain. Show up with cash in hand!

Comment

my 78 had y pipe to single exhaust from the factory exit on the driver side

Comment

360 exhaust

Good morning gents, we sell the Walker OEM style Y-Pipe for 304 and should fit 360 as well.
        4WD part# 40376 at $121.99 it fits with stock cast iron manifolds or Edlebrock headers. It is designed to have a flapper style heat riser on one side. Much easier than building one.

Comment

Then I stand corrected. I have never seen them. That is to say, I have never seen them all! If Fuzz says it, I must say that it is fact.

Dang it, I hate being wrong!

Comment

Thanks for the Info- the guys at work thought I was crazy( didn't think there was a y pipe) BUT, they aren't jeep people! lol thanks
            I'm sure I'll have more questions as this build continues
            Think my 57 CJ5 was easier, its stock

Comment

Exhausted!

Do not worry, there is probably many that do not know we sell it.
              We are big buyers of Walker and about 8-10 years ago we requested that they start producing that pipe again, and they obliged of course it took a bit of convincing (and a big order of them!!)

Comment

nice thing is that pipe will work with any AMC V-8

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz401 View Post
                  nice thing is that pipe will work with any AMC V-8
                  nice thing about the V-8's in general, lots of parts interchange. even with the inline 6's and 4 cyl in some cases. smart thinking on jeeps parts for sure.
                  Last edited by the Captain; 01-13-2010, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X