X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun-rider soft top leaks

One of the girls at work rushed out and bought a Sunrider soft top for her TJ at another Jeep aftermarket shop against my advise. Then she had the shop install it and it leaks to no end (They removed the door surrounds) I haven't seen the directions to know if this is needed or not. Her top (Jeep TOP!) leaks something terrible around the doors now. Anyone else have problems like this or did the shop screw up the install? Also the design in the rear for the support bars right behind the roll bar has scuffed the windows like somebody painted the window white! I was going to pad it for her and try and get the scuffs out for her, the bad thing is the top is 1 week old, anyone else having problems like this? I told her from now on let me go to 4WDH and p/up the parts for her, she's got $900.00 tied up in the top and install now.

I just went on 4WDH catalog site and brought up the directions, the shop never installed the new door surrounds.

Comment

Make sure you b!tch at them until they agree to replace the ruined windows too.....chances are they're scratched as a result of increased wind flapping from the missing door surrounds

Comment

That's right.....give them hell!!!! Any self-respecting shop of any kind should know that the door surrounds stay on! I'm also sure it was clear in the instructions. Some pimply 16 year old kid probably did it. If I were her, I'd make them return it and give you a full refund.....then go to 4WD and buy a 1/2 top from Bestop. Those things rule!

Comment

Thanks Everyone, I'm trying to help her as much as possible on it, she out on leave right now w/ a back injury and thing just keep going wrong for her, hopefully she can get her money back and we can get a real top installed correctly on her TJ.

Comment

Working...
          X