Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I was a cop in AZ, a drunk woman swung an axe at me as she jumped from behind a tree. I told her to put it down, but she continued to swing it at me. So I punched her in the face as she swung. I broke her nose, knocked a tooth out (of those she had left), and knocked her unconsious. In the resulting investigation, it was found that I had used undo excessive force against her, but I had had the right to shoot her. I was given a reprimand, two weeks off without pay, then returned to work.

How is hitting someone in the face with your fist undo excessive force when shooting them insn't? According to the investigating atty, the fist is an "animalistic brutal force", while the gun is a "clean expression of authority"........ Huh? I thought I had done her a favor! O well, she died a month later after another cop shot her as she tried to chop him up to.

It seems no one can admit that women can be out of control haters. Sorry, most of my fights at the department where with women. They had no respect for the uniform. Most of the men that were combative, stopped as soon as they knew you were willing to back up your threat with physical action.

Comment

Originally posted by 47driver
      While I was a cop in AZ, a drunk woman swung an axe at me as she jumped from behind a tree. I told her to put it down, but she continued to swing it at me. So I punched her in the face as she swung. I broke her nose, knocked a tooth out (of those she had left), and knocked her unconsious. In the resulting investigation, it was found that I had used undo excessive force against her, but I had had the right to shoot her. I was given a reprimand, two weeks off without pay, then returned to work.

How is hitting someone in the face with your fist undo excessive force when shooting them insn't? According to the investigating atty, the fist is an "animalistic brutal force", while the gun is a "clean expression of authority"........ Huh? I thought I had done her a favor! O well, she died a month later after another cop shot her as she tried to chop him up to.

It seems no one can admit that women can be out of control haters. Sorry, most of my fights at the department where with women. They had no respect for the uniform. Most of the men that were combative, stopped as soon as they knew you were willing to back up your threat with physical action.

I wouldn't let it bother you, Im sure she had more teeth in her pocket.

Comment

Another thing hit me while looking at the video again. This may irritate some out there, but it is true.

There are certain looks, and builds of a body that help generate a certain respect of power. There are also certain jobs that should require a certain physical fitness standard. The Army has a fitness standard (unenforced at times), the NFL doesn't have obese wide receivers, and police departments should have physical fitness standards too. I wonder if the officer in question here had been 80 lbs lighter, would his presence been more commanding and the woman more compliant? Would he have felt the need to taser her rather than physically restrain her? Who exactly is he going to chase down? Do I hate people who are overweight? Heck no! But there should be some requirements for the job of protecting the people of your city. How is this guy supposed to claim that the woman here lost all self control, but he doesn't show self control in his diet and excercise himself?

I am very proud of my service as a police officer and it embarrases me when the stereotype of donut eating cop raises his ugly head again. Just another guy tarnishing the badge.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone, just a rant.

Comment

Aw 47driver, you have a right to your opinions. No offense taken here. But I will completely agree with you that women can be some of the worst haters! Being a female, I have an inside line on that, and shames me to be a woman sometimes. They can be devious, conniving, and just downright nasty about what they think their rights are. Some of them think because they are women, they can bypass laws, and not be reprimanded for it. The punishment you got for busting the hatchet lady's nose was wrong IMHO. You were defending yourself against a drunk loony with a potentially deadly weapon. And you didn't kill her.

Comment

She's lucky that all she got was tasered, out here in LA they woulda capped her azz.....

Comment

My worst "knock down dragouts" were with black females, white males and one huge family fight with 7 Hispanic males. Black males around here don't usually have reason to put up a fight, but they run to prevent being caught and know when to give up. White females just throw fits and yell alot.

If you ever do watch COPS you'll see pretty much the same statistics. And yes, most of the white males I arrest in summer time don't have their shirts on no matter how many rolls they have between the belt and their armpits.

Comment

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument / reasoning or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force. Arrestee has choice, comply or not? Officer authorized to use force necessary, end of story!

Comment

Working...
                X