X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what finally arrived...

After I was told that I would have my new ride at last by Christmas it finally came last week.
    So here's my new Rubi CRD.
    It's stock so far except tow package (7760 lbs) and park distance control (my girlfriend wanted that) and fuel powered engine and cab heating.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...on/Rubi001.jpg
    http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...on/Rubi002.jpg
    http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...on/Rubi004.jpg

Some things are worth waiting for, like the color.

Comment

Originally I was thinking about white but since that would have had the delivery time delayed even more I picked the Jeep green instead. Now it's time to safe some money for mods...

Comment

Looking Good! What mods do you have planned for it?

Comment

Thanks a lot man!

All mods are depending on money, of course...

But here's a lil' list:

- different front bumper, most likely US stock version with tow hooks
          - different side markers, the stock European ones stick out too far from the flares for my liking as to be hit on the first run into the bushes
          - US taillights
          - some mild lift
          - front skid instead of that lousy piece of plastic
          - some bikini or trektop for the summer
          - some fabing for a trunk solution, I carry some rather expensive stuff (all work related) around all day that I want to be stored securely and out of sight
          - some more light
          - some more to come...

Comment

Very nice, Toralf! I know you're super excited.

fuel powered engine and cab heating
            Define this.

Comment

Matt, I am for sure excited!

I have a heating system installed that heats the engine and the interior. It's like the engine block heater you can order, kinda. It uses diesel to power the heating, warms the water and regulates the cab temp via activating the blower motor or not and it even can cool if you want, just push a button on the remote and pick heat or cool...

Comment

Toralf it looks really nice! Well worth the wait for the CRD! I heard a while back someone (no details) was working on a in cab adjustable chip for them, but this is when things were going good financially.

Comment

Originally posted by paineszj View Post
                  Toralf it looks really nice! Well worth the wait for the CRD! I heard a while back someone (no details) was working on a in cab adjustable chip for them, but this is when things were going good financially.
                  Yup, the CRD is a great engine, lots of low end torque. The fuel economy isn't as good as I hoped but I guess it gets better once the engine is really broken in, I'm still within the first 500 miles...
                  An adjustable chip would be neat but with the present engine layout the power output curve is already quite good. But I agree, there could always be a lil' more

Comment