X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• original steel wheels

a friend of mine is building a 78 cj 7 back to original . he's not exactly computer savvy , so i have been helping him locate certain parts on the internet . but the one thing ( or four ) i am finding hard to find is ,original stamped steel rims (the ones i have seen in magazines are always a tan color on original rides ) are they that hard to get ? (in nice, not bent shape). were they made only for amc ? are there other applications that use the exact same rim ? any ideas on what they would cost if i can find them ? and one more thing , what kind of tires came on a factory jeep in 77 or 78 .i have found a wheel here or there but they are always considered to be in "rough" shape . any input would help him out . added pics
    http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l9.../th_img002.jpg
    Last edited by jackson; 01-20-2008, 09:30 AM.

original steel wheels for cj's are easy to find. if rusty just sand blast and repaint. should be able to pickup for $25 or less per wheel

Comment

thanks junker , maybe i'm not looking in the right places , i added a picture to the post , he wants original , does that make any differance ?

Comment

nope original not a problem. i'll look around this area if ya want. check the local junk yards iirc any cj wheels 2a thur 7-8's should be corrct. they didnt change em much

Comment

I've got a white set. Come get them. Bring Beer

Comment

thanks guys , i'll run it by him . texas is a long way for me to go for beers ,but if you throw in some barbeque!!..................... honestly i must be looking in the wrong places , do you know what a stock tire may have been in 78 ?

Comment

hey junker , thanks for the effort , your a little closer , if you stumble on a set , could ya' p.m. me a link or number ? thanks

Comment

I have (1) wheel (my spare, hardly ever driven on) that I will be eventually getting ride of.......I will be holding on to it for a while....let me know..

Comment

i sold a chrome set to ABN82MP a year ago or so. i know he wanted to get rid of them. he's in wooster/orville area. send him a PM.

Comment

thanks all !

Comment

Working...
                    X