X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power brakes to manual brakes

hey all i know this is a little differnt me wanted to go to manual brakes from power...but my power brakes dont work anyways due to the lack of vacum from my cam...how hard is it to switch, just bolt in right...this is my first cj with power brakes so i do not know much about how different the setup is, the master cylinder went out today and i called around, the manual brake cylinder comes with the pedal push rod as i am acustomed to but does the rod bolt onto the same place on the pedal as the booster rod? i know i will have to tweak my brake lines a little but that aint a big deal, anything else i overlooked?

ill trade ya.

Comment

hah. ok i will trade you the burned up master cylinder and booster for a new manual brake master cylinder...sry goat had to... hey goat you still work at o'reilly's? jsut wondering? could you take a look at yours tonight and maybe snap me some pictures?

Comment

maybe, ill trade you anyway if the pedals are different or something, get all the bracketry right.

as for pics, let me get to them tomorrow, im tired and was workin all morning. and yes i still work there.

Comment

cool man...yeah i quit cause i am moving like 45 minutes away from the store i was employed at and since i had only been there 70 days they could not transfer me, my boss called friday and wants me to come back to work for him, i am really thinking bout it, o'reilly's is such a fun place to work at...but yeah thanks for the photos when you get them...i found a master cylinder for 17 bucks so if it is wrong then no big deal...lol

Comment

wow, ok i got the master cylinder and pulled all the power brake stuff out, brackets, booster, and bad master cylinder...i replaced it with the manual brake master cylinder, shortened the brake lines, reflared em, and hooked it all back up...bled the brakes and went for a test drive...night and day difference, it was actually way easier to stop with the manual brakes then it was with the power brakes, i can now lock all four up at about half way down on the pedal, and it is much easier to modulate than it was with power brakes...i now wish i had taken pics of the whole process just so people could see how easy it was...now i dont have to worry bout my brakes at idle because i dont need vacum with no booster...haha, i win...jeep demons-0, me-1

Comment

Plus being able to use your brakes many times with the engine off is an advantage.

Comment

i have always liked manual systems better for just that reason, use it when i need it not when i dont on a manual choke, brakes...big ole cam no problems and works 99.99 percent of the time motor on or off, manual tranny no fluid...ehh i can drive on it out of the trail and if i get in a scary situation no fumbling for nuetral, just hit the clutch...the only thing i like to have power is the steering...haha

Comment

Working...
                X