X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woo Hoo!

After about six months and several hundred dollars, it started today! I put a truck avenger and a GM HEI distributor, eldelbrock intake, hp cam, dual timing chain, headers and a bunch of other stuff I dont even remember on it. I wish I could take a pic cause it looks pretty good. Hopefully get the camera back working soon.

I also have put on a 4" lift kit, 35" procomps, american racing baja wheels and hinged the fenders. The best improvement of all is it now has power steering! Thats important for old guys like me. Next on the list is to install the TJ flares on it. Just wanted to tell you all and again hopefully I will get some pics on here soon.

Isn't it a good feeling?

Comment

Any plans to dyno it? How about some "seat of the pants" power increase guesstimates? That sounds exactly like the list of mods I have in mind for my 304 (about 5 years down the road). But how did you get away with several hundred dollars? I've only priced through the 4WD catalog, but I came up with 1500 conservatively!

Comment

The power increase is two different worlds, it had a 258 in it.

Several hundred was a figure of speech mostly to make me feel good. Really it is about 2k in the motor.

Comment

I wanna see pics! Congrats though none the less

I think my next jeep will be a 304...gotta finish up this one first...haha..finish..

Comment

glad to hear you got that motor back together man, glad to hear you took our advice on the truck avenger...i think you will love the combo!! 2k is a good price on a built 304...my 361 (350 bored...look in signature) cost me 3k in just parts...that lil monster is putting down somewhere in the neighborhood of 450 hp and a bit more than that in torque...it is scary, i dont let anyone drive it cause it is so scary...i went overboard on this one, but like fubar says..."better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it" good luck on it and i am glad you did them hinged fenders too...makes thing a bunch easier to get to the motor dont it...lol, i love having a tire as a chair and working on the motor. keep us informed on the progress and "lil stuff" you are doin...oh and when you start drivng it, watch your temp...i am prolly goin to have to go to an aluminum radiator cause i am running at aroun 235 sonsistently right now unless i get a good head or cross wind, then itll stay around 190. and oh by the way

Comment

I was almost going to have to post the worthless thread myself, surprised it took so long to appear.

I hopefully will post pics tonight. I got the pics taken I just cant find the usb cable. I will borrow one tonight from a friend.

I did get one of the rear flares on today and put a aluminum rocker panel on, again home made. As for the truck avenger, you got to love a carb that is so close out of the box that I havent had a reason to adjust it yet. Thanks to you, Fubar and everyone else that recommended it. The temp concerns me also, I am using the single core that was with the six banger, I will cross that bridge if needed.

Comment

Congrats on your rig. But plan on buying a 3 core radiator soon. Those V-8 heat up quick.

Comment

I finally got some pics posted in members rides.

Comment

Working...
                  X