X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fender flares

Anyone have any experience with the CJ fender flares made by Bestop ($250@4wd) , 7" Omix-Ada (saw some for 120 bucks),or the Xenon ($275@4wd)? All three for the CJ 's . Thanks

Should have posted this in the CJ section (may get more responses there)... but...

Yes. I have the Bestop flares. I have been very happy with them. I have had them on for about 2 years now. They have faded slightly... but not a lot. They still look pretty good. The "mud bulge" does seem to help a little (if you have 12.50 or wider tires or if you have enough backspacing that the wheels stick way out of your fenders then it probablly will not help as much). They are very thick and do not warp. Installation was fairly simple. The flares are marked for CJ and YJ holes that you have to drill our from the inside. The CJ holes did not really match up to my fender so I just clamped the flares on and then drilled the hole out from inside the fender well (took off the tire and sat in the wheel well and used a dremel to drill them out, using the holes in my fenders as my guide for where to drill... you are only making a pilot hole so it is not a big deal).

All in all... very happy with them... much better than stock.

Comment

Got the Xenon, love them, keeps the crap off my jeep. They are tough also, had a set on the jeep I rolled, stayed good, so I bought a set for my new jeep.

Comment

I've had a set of Xenon flares on my CJ for over 3 years now & done some hard wheelin' with them.. the've been rubbed, pushed in, scraped.. etc. etc.. they still have not cracked one bit (they certainly are scuffed plenty)

Comment

installation

How's the installation with the CJ Xenon flares? They claim no drill easy installation. Thanks

Comment

Yep, no drill unless you have a fiberglass body.
            Even when you have to drill it is not hard.

Comment

Working...
            X