X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro Locks

Ok here we go... I'm having trouble getting a emergency brake set up that works. I have heard and read about Micro Locks on different web sites but can not find anyhwere to get them.

If your not familiar with them, they are similar to line locks, used in drag racing, but are actually a manual switch/brake that does not require any electricity to hold brakes. They generally get plumbed into the brake lines and have a lever the actuates them. Once set they hold until the lever is moved back, pretty much like a e-brake, but there are no cables or pedal to deal with or run. In other words it's a manual switch plumbed directly into the brake lines. They are approved for use and inspection by most of the 4 wheel orginazations and I believe the Dept. of Trans. here in So Cal, and seem to be the answer to my problem. I just cant find any where to get them.

I have heard of switching the old cable set up off of my cj for the newer 05 jeep set up. Supposedly the new length will make up the difference for lifted vehicles. When I tore down the jeep for the re build, I lost/misplaced all of the mounting brakets and such for the original e-brake set up. So i think it would almost be too much of a head ache trying to hunt down all the proper links and brackets. I have the exhaust tucked up into the frame (pretty tight on the old cj's) so that is another related problem to running the old e-brake cable under/between the frame.

All of the information i have is based on what i've been able to find on the internet. If somebody knows what I'm talking about, please let me know if I'm way off or have the wrong information regarding the Micro Locks. Any other suggestions are welcomed or simply if you know of a source for the Micro Locks, please let me know. Thanks and sorry for the long winded post.

I've been getting micro locks for my customers at our "local" hydraulic joint. Check your yellow pages for a hydraulic repair centre, they should be able to get them for you.

ragg

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I had heard that forklift repair shops used them but i haven't been able to find any with them out here. If i cant get them locally, would you be willing to help me out in getting one through you. In the mean time I'll try the yellow pages again.

Is there another name for them or do they all go by micro lock? And do i have the right info on how they operate?

Comment

The ones I've been selling are electrically operated. They work just like a line lock BUT are made to stay on without burning out the solenoid. I'm in Canada and yes, I'd help you out ,BUT, the freight and duties would probably kill ya.

ragg

Comment

Working...
        X