X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding a 304 ?

Trying to find a 304 to swap out my 258 in my CJ in a junkyard so I get a warranty on the motor and most are 318's in grand chers any suggestions on what to find a 304 in mostly 93 and up models in junkyards, thanks for the help

Grands are a Chrysler, aren't you looking for an AMC 304?

Comment

yea Im trying to find a 304 or 360 motor to replace my 258 in the junkyard in a later model vehicle with fuel injection is there one ?

Comment

No AMC engine came with fuel injection. Look for an AMC 360, over a 304.

They're more readily available, and a lot more powerful.

You can add fuel injection, or just deal with a carb.

Rich

Comment

There are many of us who have done the 360 / 401 swap. I think it would be best to get a 360 out of an old...say...Wagoneer? Then work on it. Pride man pride!!!!

You can say, "I did that!"

Comment

i have a 304- too bad you're in ATL- $100 get it out of my garage

Comment

yea I cant get lucky enough to find somebody in Atl with that deal (that I would trust block aint cracked cause it would be thats just my luck) and no junk yards carry anything old enough to get a 304 or 360 out of

Comment

Check Craigslist. I just found two in ATL from here in Afghanistan!

Comment

another option is a 225 V6. they came stock with 10 more ponys then the 304 and only 10 less feet of torque.
                  FI is a easy swap on a V6 as well.

Comment

i have a good 304 for a fair price. also have a good 401 if ya interested.
                    Charleston, South carolina

Comment

Put in a chevy small block like a 350. Easy swap and they're a dime a dozen. In the short run it will cost you about the same or less than an AMC. In the long run it will cost you WAY less to go SBC.

Comment

Working...
                      X