X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiper motor

my 74 cj-5 windshield wiper motor is froze solid, the switch is gone, and my wiring is crap. could i retro fit one of these http://www.4wd.com/search.aspx?SI=b8...ive%7e%2441.99 onto the top of my window frame somehow? how hard would it be to do? thanks

you could do it. need to drill holes thru frame and bolt up. used em on a couple cj2a's that ive had. they work but might be easier to fix the stock one using junk yard parts.

Comment

Originally posted by junker View Post
      you could do it. need to drill holes thru frame and bolt up. used em on a couple cj2a's that ive had. they work but might be easier to fix the stock one using junk yard parts.
      My thought too...if you can find the parts.

I am unfamiliar with how the 74"s motor and linkage mount up. But. if the linkage is ok and it's just the motor, that should be easier to swap out. The wiring and switch will need to be redone in either case...so I'd really look at fixing the factory setup instead of retrofitting something else.

Unless you wanted to build a whole new frame. I've tossed the idea of building a custom one with a swing-out windshield.

Comment

Originally posted by catbacker View Post
        my 74 cj-5 windshield wiper motor is froze solid, the switch is gone, and my wiring is crap. could i retro fit one of these http://www.4wd.com/search.aspx?SI=b8...ive%7e%2441.99 onto the top of my window frame somehow? how hard would it be to do? thanks

Our Host can get you what you need to fix your wipers like stock from Crown. They still make everything you need for your wipers. The only thing may be the harness but just build your own.

www.crownautomotive.net

Comment

thanks for your input. i ended up ordering everything from our host that will redo the system from the switch to the blades. my linkages seem to be ok. there just aren't enough of these jeeps around the local boneyards to get parts from. just have redo from the fuseblock to the switch have to find my chilton again.

Comment

Working...
          X