X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of doing this...

Anybody have these or done something similiar? Thoughts always welcomed.

Am I missing something here? Your thinking about doing what?

Comment

hah! I laughed out loud. Forgot to attach the link. http://www.facebook.com/l/f499a;www.....com/s/ZPYMN99

Comment

It brought me to a questionaire about going to a class reunion???WTF?

Comment

Let's try this again. I promise this is not the first time on a computer.
          http://www.ok4wd.com/index.php/catal...bolt_flip_kit/

Comment

it will give you better clearance!
            Well it will reverse the ubolts so you don't bend, break, or get hung up on them! I bought the dynatrac set for the cj8 I'm building.
            I thought it was a good Ideal!
            7jeeps7kings

Comment

These come standard on a SOA, then you can get the YJ spring Convertion so your ride is smoother. I thought the ride was a ton smoother...while being towed to the house for new drive shafts.

Comment

Sounds like a plan to me. It gives you more ground clearance and less chance of breaking something. And that's always a good thing, right?

Comment

The last time I went wheeling I hit the ubolt threads on a rock and snapped the ubolt up to the nut. In my case the nut acted as the stop point for the broken ubolt.

I'm not discounting your idea here, just pointing out something. If you have the bolts the normal way, you are likely to snap one the way I did, where as if you flip them and you hit it just right you loose the whole ubolt.

I like the Rubicon express parts, they focus on protecting the ubolt hardware all together and slide over the rock.

Comment

Looks ok...I just make sure to trim my bolts down so there's a minimal amount to hang up on. I had a set of skids on my 79 CJ5 that I really liked and have thought about fabbing up for the 7...but have never gotten around to it.

Comment

Originally posted by mdwatkins View Post
                      Looks ok...I just make sure to trim my bolts down so there's a minimal amount to hang up on. I had a set of skids on my 79 CJ5 that I really liked and have thought about fabbing up for the 7...but have never gotten around to it.
                      where do you find those skids at?

Comment

The company I got them from went out of business or I'd have another set.

There are a couple of others out there that are carried by 4wd even. I'll probably end up running something along these lines

Comment

Working...
                        X