X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing power steering lines

Whats the best way to access these...they seem hard to get to going into the top of the pump...remove the pump and then attach?

I left everthing on and just took my time. It is actually a pain. I had to use a pipe bender to adjust the hard section of the lines to fit properly.

Comment

using the proper tubing wrenches also helps to make sure you dont strip anything

Comment

i think you have the right idea mike , thats what i did , otherwise it bleeds to death all over your exhaust manifold . take the lower ends off first to get most of the fluid out , it is kind of a pain ..

Comment

Originally posted by thejeepingoat View Post
          using the proper tubing wrenches also helps to make sure you dont strip anything
          x2 on this...and don't skimp and buy the cheap Harbor freight POS. I rounded a few nuts on the old parts coming out when I swapped in the new PSC stuff a few months back. They were so cheap that they flared due to the slit in the end to allow you to slip it over the pipe Spent a few extra bucks on some real wrenches and everything came off nice and easy and went back together nice and easy.

Also depending on what you have attached to the fender it might be just as easy to pull it. I didn't have anything hood up to it so it was just a matter of the three bolts in front and 4 in the back on the body...it slipped right out allowing me to sit on the tire to work...was way smooth compared to leaning over the fender and radiator.

Comment

Working...
          X