X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer

hay one quick question. after doing the nutter bypass does the computer do anything useful. can i remove it

Once the bypass is performed the computer may be removed. Check your local emissions laws though, sometimes they need to see the box pass.

Comment

that means i can also remove almost all the vac. lines right. i hope???

Comment

The vacuum switches controlled by the computer are useless, and may be removed. Some things will require re-routing as they still require a vacuum source. A thermal vacuum switch (or switches) will be required to maintain proper control of the EGR valve (disabling it is a bad idea).

It is a mess that people don't tell you about when recommending the bypass. your best bet is to pick a pre-computer year and model the vacuum and electrical system after that.

Comment

Traycam is right that it is a mess for the emissions jeeps, but it not that big a deal if you live in the right state and have a good basic knowledge of vacuum systems. thanks to the guys here at the 4wd Hardware forums i've come up with a pretty good scheme for the vacuum lines. search my posts and for info and im sure you will find what you need.

Comment

we did the nutter bypass on the sons 86 cj7. left most of the vacum lines in place. it helped but still not the best... we then went hei and mc2100 swap. got rid of all the vacum lines now with no problems. our county does has a visual inspection on smog and my shop has poor eyesight !!

Comment

Junker...you are darn lucky...most places won't squint when they look...they will get cricified if caught

Comment

Working...
              X