X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exaust Manifold gasket

Assuming the bolts are free...how long to change out? Any "isms" on the change?

are you running the V8 or I6 Mike?
    my 304 was pretty easy.

Comment

if its a carburated I6, and you are pretty familiar with your engine, should only take about 30-45 minutes. once the vacuum tubes and carburator are off, it flies by.

Comment

Originally posted by fremontcj5 View Post
        if its a carburated I6, and you are pretty familiar with your engine, should only take about 30-45 minutes. once the vacuum tubes and carburator are off, it flies by.
        Yeah...unless you have large hands and arthritis...then add several hours. Those lower bolts are a (bad word) to put in in that case. A good set of extensions and a wobble or three with a magnet in the socket to hold the bolt really helps.

Comment

wire wheel all the bolts to clean them up

Comment

I would say 3 hours or so start to finish for everything if all goes smoothly.

One suggestion I would make is to install studs in the head while you already have it all apart. I did this to replace a few of the bolts in certain places. This made it easy to set the manifolds back on and start the bolts.

Comment

torque them down in steps and in a sequence (listed in the manual). make sure the gasket is correct before you get started and clean up the gasket surfaces real good.

Comment

Working...
              X