X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels: Black or white?

Opinions needed. Got white (formerly, now mostly rust) wagon wheels for the rust bucket. Tub, bumpers, sliders, top are all black. Seats are spice.
    White wheels to keep a semi-original look, or black because everything else is.

always like the look of black rims, but when i had my little black CJ5 on 31s looking mostly stock the white wagon wheel looked right at home

Comment

if you keep 'em covered in mud, it don't matter!

Comment

Ive always liked the black. I dont know why. I just think they look better.

Comment

I personally hate white wagon wheels. I ran them too, got them as a trade and tossed them as soon as I could. They live on as part of someone's budget sand buggy.

I'd paint them black in a heartbeat and add a white or red pinstripe around them (mondo-easy, using the rim's lip as a guide). Stock spoked Jeep wheels were bronze (IIRC) depending on the package.

Comment

Well, have decided to go with white paint. "Stock" look. And since it's paint, if I hate it, it can change quick and easy.

Comment

Everything's black already. I'd paint 'em gray, or dark blue. If you really want them to stick out, paint 'em orange. My Jeeps orange, I painted my wheels orange.

Comment

Mud- the monochrome theme just doesn't fit a CJ- in my mind anyway. Going for the classic jeep look, just more louder horses.

Comment

definately black!

Comment

i would go with black too!

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_4wheel.jpg

Comment

Your votes were not counted, as you missed the deadline. They will be white, unless that turns out ugly, and we will vote again.

Comment

Working...
                      X