X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiberglass body and steel doors

i am almost done refinishing my full steel doors for my cj7 , question is , since they are considerably heavier than soft doors , is any additional reinforcment needed to my 4wd fiberglass body ?

with steel doors bieng so much heavier, be careful how hard you slam these doors shut.To much slamming may result in some fiberglass cracking. Just a heads up for ya.

Comment

You can run them......Make sure you have the factory "Backing Plates" for the hinges on the inside of the tub. As far as cracking the tub when slamming the doors, what you could do is mount the striker pins on a piece of 3/16 plate and mount the plate to your roll bar. If i remember correctly it is only one 90 bend. I ran this way for years in one of my Jeeps.
      Hope this Helps

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCJ-7 View Post
        You can run them......Make sure you have the factory "Backing Plates" for the hinges on the inside of the tub. As far as cracking the tub when slamming the doors, what you could do is mount the striker pins on a piece of 3/16 plate and mount the plate to your roll bar. If i remember correctly it is only one 90 bend. I ran this way for years in one of my Jeeps.
        Hope this Helps
        thanks 83cjskip , and green cj7 , mounting the striker plate to the roll bar ? never seen that before , if it works , that would save the fiberglass a bit , do you have any pics ?

Comment

i will look around for one

Comment

Working...
          X