Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cb noise - help!!

CB NOISE-HELP!!
    I have a 1982 CJ 7 with a 360 cubic inch AMC. It has a high voltage DUI ignition. I have excessive electrical noise in my CB. I have changed the wire connections, remounted the CB on the roll cage, and added a 35 amp noise filter. Nothing has helped. Suggestions would be great!

Have you tried new spark plug wires? Try a top of the line set of plug wires. It's very possible that I'm full of crap, but I think that's where most of the radio interference comes from...

Comment

Originally posted by herman8r2 View Post
      Have you tried new spark plug wires? Try a top of the line set of plug wires. It's very possible that I'm full of crap, but I think that's where most of the radio interference comes from...
      Be careful with the performance wires. Some of them are solid core wire, and that will get you plenty of noise. Make sure your radio is grounded well (a lead straight to the battery is not out of line). Make sure your antenna is grounded well. Get a nice set of resistance wires, check the filter capacitor on the ignition module and alternator. New plugs (resistor type) are not out of line either. Check radio supply stores for an antenna lead noise filter(called a choke). Noise can come from one of 4 places, the power lead, the antenna lead, the environment, and the radio itself (not good).

Comment

Originally posted by tracraym View Post
        Be careful with the performance wires. Some of them are solid core wire, and that will get you plenty of noise. Make sure your radio is grounded well (a lead straight to the battery is not out of line). Make sure your antenna is grounded well. Get a nice set of resistance wires, check the filter capacitor on the ignition module and alternator. New plugs (resistor type) are not out of line either. Check radio supply stores for an antenna lead noise filter(called a choke). Noise can come from one of 4 places, the power lead, the antenna lead, the environment, and the radio itself (not good).
        Yup.

gotta have more letters or it wont post, so please diusregard this filler message so i can be sure to have enough letters so i can post a reply, when all i needed to say was "yup" but its not long enough to satisfy the new system so i'm loading it with more letters so it will be happy with my simple, straightforward post. maybe it will be happy now. lets try it and see shall we?
        Last edited by Gryphon; 03-11-2010, 11:37 PM. Reason: it worked.

Comment

Working...
        X